Anyone know a good spot to bankfish on Lake Dardanelle?

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by rushryder, Jun 10, 2008.

1. rushryder

rushryder New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I've been wanting to take my boys catfishing, and my boat is not running right now:angry:. So I was hoping someone could tell me a good spot to take them on the bank where we might could get into them a little bit. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    matt when ever i fish the bank i always go down river from the power house and fish just below the big pilings.thers a pile of rocks for the first 20 or so feet but after that your ok.

3. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    ps use a good heavy mono line the zebra mussels play heck with light lines and braid.

4. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Matt, Johnnie is correct, in my opinion.f I could pick the # 1 bank fishing place in Arkansas it would be below the dam at Dardenelle. I have heard that more catfish are caught the mile between the dam and the highway bridge than anywhere in the world.
    My son in law, "Veritok" an I are going there the weekend of the 28th and drift fish from the dam to the bridge at night. It has been the most productive place for us.

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    If you don't want to fight the current and the crowd below Dardanelle, there's supposed to be a good spot just above the powerhouse. I don't know if you can still get to it after 9/11, but there used to be a 4 wheel drive 'road' that took off to the left as you went along the upper road to the powerhouse. If it's still open, and you don't have a 4x4, you could probably park at the overlook and walk around the dam. There used to be a place where you could fish from the bank there and get your bait right up against the dam.