Anyone know a good catfish hole in LaSalle county???

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Johnny B, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

State:
    illinois
    I don't have a boat but I need a better cat hole with decent fishing in a river or stream? Any help would be thank full....I night fish so if I go fishing most of the public places close at dark like the Com Ed cooling lake.:confused2:

2. Human Resources 31

Human Resources 31 New Member

State:
    Ottawa, Central Illinois
    The fox river in ottawa is great. Sonny's stink bait with a slip sinker works well. They dont close at dark and the docks you can sit on go a 1/4 to the other side of the bank. Cut shad work or full shad. Let me know if your interested I will give you more information!

:wink:

3. apfd82

apfd82 New Member

State:
    illinois
    yeah the fox river is a good place to go

4. Human Resources 31

State:
    Ottawa, Central Illinois
    comed has alot of small cats around the shores with boober and worm about 3 foot. I heard drifting over the big holes is a way to get the big ones!

5. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

State:
    illinois
    Thanks for the reply. I usually fish on Lyman's mound up the fox about a mile, or directly across from the ottawa hospital on the river bend but I haven't got any cats over 9 lbs. in a long while. I always use cut shad I just haven't had any luck I guess.. If I were to fish next to the Marseilles damn the current is usually very quick, are there big cats in really stong current without any breaks or cover for the fish?? Iv'e never fished next to a damn that is usually wide open...Thanks for the reply again:0a23:

6. Human Resources 31

State:
    Ottawa, Central Illinois
    I dont fish the dams however I heard there in there. Fishing behind that hospital is tresspassing now. Go by the ottawa highschool across the street is decent at night along the shore. IM me I will give you the details