anyone know a fish supplier

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Montgomery, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i was wandering if anyone knew of a place. to purcase live fish. like fish farms. where paylakes get there fish. i'm interested in purcasing 2 verysmall, baby flathead's for a small pond at my house. i want them small cause i sort of want to raise them in it.i know sounds crazy. but i figured if a paylake can buy them . then we could from some where. and who ever breeds them cought help me. i did buy 2 largwe mought this way. they was about 1 inch in leght. now about 15 inches . can anyone help.

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Try getting in touch your State Consevation DEpt. Maybe they could help you.of course you could go and hopefully catch them your self.Would be more fun. Or try looking in phone book.Good Luck.

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    good luck! your more lucky to find a baby bigfoot than a fingerling flattie! i have only seen one in my life. as far as i know no one raises them either. flatties grow extremely fast in their first few years, a 1lb fish is no doubt only a year old.

4. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    Your best bet would be to talk to some local commercial fishermen and tell them what you want. Fingerlings are probably out of the question, but they might be able to get some 1 or 2lbrs. grizzly

5. OHFishmanB

OHFishmanB New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Where are you located in Ohio? The supplier that I use to stock my lake is called Midwest Fish and they are just outside of Cincinnati. Another possibility is Jones Fish Hatcheries. Either one you choose, good luck finding fish that small. I typically don't buy small fish for our lake, but the smallest I have seen is 5-10 lbs. As dinkbuster said, you will not be able to find a fingerling. The only catfish I have seen that small are yellowbellies.

6. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    I'd second the post on fingerling flatties, Ive only seen one and I got it in a cast net by accident. A dink 1-2lb prolly the way to go. Just be sure they are healthy, as you do not want to get the fish in your pond diseased etc