anyone into survivalist stuff?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by tomcat85, Nov 10, 2006.

1. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    i am a lot i have a ton of books on it and i think its really interesting plus its really helpful to learn.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

All my survivalist stuff came from the boy scouts and first hand learning. My dad's leather strap also taught me a great deal, lol

3. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I am into it BIG TIME! :lol:

MAJ D

4. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My late father-in-law was, and now we have quite a collection of his old "Backwoodsman" and "Mother Earth News" magazines.
    There's alot to be said for knowing the old ways, natural remedies, and the sort of fix-it stuff that doesn't come in a kit from wallyworld :smile2:

5. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    prolly not into it as much as others here, but a country boy can survive!
    lol i watch the tv show survivor and laugh! lol if ya cant start a fire with magnesium and flint, then they may as well put you on a tv show so people can laugh at ya! looks like a good vacation to me!

6. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    i have tons of books on it. ive got the united states airforce survival training book even though im not in the airforce it is a great book to have. if you ever get lost in the woods you will live forever if you have this book. i also have a few from borders. i also have a few foxfire books also. all good books!