anyone into mud trucks / trail riding?

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by biga, Feb 8, 2008.

1. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    anyone else have mud trucks of trail rigs? its an expensive hobby but i love it.. lets see some truck pics!!

2. insanedrifter

insanedrifter New Member

State:
    missouri
    My friend and neihbor has a outlaw / open class mud truck that he races in missouri and kansas. It's a fullbodied 82 chevy on 3/4 ton frame, full 4 link 540 inch bbc. Makes over 1000 hp on the motor and has 1 edelbrock direct port nitrous system at 400 hp. we are thinking about adding a second system.

Attached Files:

• red1.jpg
      red1.jpg
      File size:
      87.2 KB
      Views:

3. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    looks like a fun ride down the track to me im going to have to dige around an see if i can find some of my old pics

4. insanedrifter

insanedrifter New Member

State:
    missouri
    Best pass so far is 3.48 in 200 foot pit. It has cuts on the front and paddles on the rear. We ran a dirt drag for fun last year and took 2nd in a rail class against all blown motors, pretty cool.

5. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i forgot about starting this post lol... here are a few pics of mine...

Attached Files:

6. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    you got 44''s on that? is it an older s10?

7. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    yep 44s on 1 ton axles with a 468ci bigblock.. :big_smile:

8. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    i like that rig but i like a daily driver that you can drive down the highway making decent gasmilage then see a mudhole, go mudding, and drive back through town. something ya aint gotta haul around on a trailer. i like big truck dont get me wrong but i just dont like em as much as smaller trucks. sounds kinda wierd lol

9. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    MINE HAS NEVER SEEN A TRAILER!! :smile2: infact it has made a 400mile round trip to the 4x4 jambore without a problem...

10. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Nice pictures guys thanks for sharing

11. uapipefitter

uapipefitter New Member

State:
    potterville,mi
    I love to wheel. Lots of it north of me. I've got a restored 77' f250 highboy , 429 +30 c9ve heads ported & polished c6, 4.11's, 33's fast and fun, with the stock suspension. My main trail rig is a 68' bronco, 6 inches total lift with a 68'302 +40 trick flow heads,three speed on the floor, cromoly axle shafts front and rear with 4.56's & detroits front and rear and 35 in. boggers now. This is my baby lots of fun. Anyone in the central mich. area wants to go wheelin' hook up with me. My everyday'er is a 94' f150,3 inch body,33's, dropped in a 351 over the tired 302. Heads have been massaged and port matched 230,000 + miles on her.

Attached Files:

12. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    haha you are a smart man finally a ford lover lol. my uncle has a 77 f150 hiboy with 31''s on it and it will go through anything. nice bronco and f150 by the way to.

13. uapipefitter

uapipefitter New Member

State:
    potterville,mi
    Thanks Donnie, I grew up in a ford family in a chevy town. Everyone of my buddies dads worked there and they were drenched in the bowtie marinade. The more crap I took for being a Ford guy the deeper I dug in. Love 'em all if they are american made!

14. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    Heres my ride. its a '91 f150 with a stock 5.0. it has a 3 inch body lift and 1 inch spacers. plus a set of 33x12.50x15 bfg mud terrains.

Attached Files: