Anyone interested in buying deer antlers or wild mushrooms?

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by Jnagel, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jnagel

Jnagel New Member

State:
    Illinois.
    Well guys mushroom season is about to start and durning the many trips into the woods i find many antlers that have been shed. I usaully sell them locally but i wanted to see if any BOC guys were interested. Leave a post or pm me if your are. I will post pics of all my findings on this thred. Also i will post pics and amounts of the morel, oyster, and any other wild mushrooms i collect on here and let me know if your interested.

2. flysure1

flysure1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I gave away 17 bags of cleaned morrels to elderly friends who used to be able to pick them but are not able to get out anymore, (not 17 different people) I bet you would be amazed how happy you would make an elderly friend or relative with some, I remember the story told to by an onlooker about a local farmer who had plenty of money that ran into my father at the local gas station years ago and told my father he wanted to buy some mushrooms for his mother, my dad said he wouldn't sell any, the farmer said come on, name your price, everyone has a price, Dad looked at the guy and said you don't have enough money to buy mushrooms me, Dad gave his mother some mushrooms, I know a lot of people sell them and that is your choice and I am no one to judge but I bet you would be repaid more than you might realize just showing up with a few to give away---I want to repeat I am by no means trying to judge you or chastise your actions, just trying to put a thought your way. p.s. I picked up a 4 point shed tonight, 4 on one antler, I have never found 2 together but I hear that is not unheard of, I don't really hunt them, just out walking and stumbled on it. And you might already give away morrels for all I know, I did pick the biggest hen of the woods I have ever picked last fall, it would not have sat in a bushel basket without hitting the sides. Good luck mushrooming, about 3 weeks away here.

3. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    I know last year I about fell over when I seen some of the prices people were giving for a pound of morels....... and the funny thing, everyone of them were more than capable of going and picking them. So yea if you find a buyer than make ya some good cash.

4. Jnagel

Jnagel New Member

State:
    Illinois.
    Listen to this randy. I take my mushrooms to soulard market every year and thoes city people pay 37.50-40.00 per lb. thats the whole reason i do it every year. Hopefully i make enough this year to make my dream pole a Penn 330 matched up with a 8"ugly stick:tounge_out:. I'm lucky enough to live near a section of woods that has produced an avg of 15'lbs of morels every year.:wink:

OF COURSE NO BOC MEMBER WOULD PAY ANYWHERE NEAR THAT PRICE IF I WERE TO SELL THEM TO ONE

5. slippedcork

slippedcork New Member

State:
    Marion Co Kentucky
    You look like a young fellow and its obvious you dont mind working toward something you want. I say sell all you can for as much as possible! I like the idea of giving a few to someone who cant get them anymore themself. I always take a few bluegill fillets to ones I know who dont fish anymore.

6. vinestbrew

vinestbrew New Member

State:
    pgh,PA
    I would like to buy some of the funny kind of mushrooms

7. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN

Well I dont have any of the funny mushrooms. But I do have some funny looking frogs in my area. I'll sell you some great 'licking hallocenagenic amphibians' :cool2:

8. straycat

straycat New Member

State:
    Ky
    I may be interested in some antler if ya find some. Let me know,Thanks.

9. camochris2

camochris2 New Member

State:
    nebraska city nebraska
    i have a buyer thats comes and gets them from us every year but 15lb is not engough for any one to realy want around here i pick at least 15lb-30lb a day i have even had days where i picked up to 100lb in one day our buyer will not buy less then 50lb at a time but if you find a buch i might be able to help you out

10. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Hope you do good on the mushrooms.Good equipment pays you back a 100 times over.If your gonna be buying cat gear don,t forget a good sinker mold.

11. Johnboy1975

Johnboy1975 New Member

State:
    Muscotah Kansas
    I grew up south of you on the river little town called Rulo and man I dont think I have ever seen that many shrooms. You need to send some of those spores to the south, went and checked my honey hole friday and didnt find a one.

12. RRRKKK

RRRKKK New Member

State:
    Quincy IL
    We walked 4 islands yesterday at New Canton and didn't find any. It appears 3 of the islands were under water in this years high water and one wasn't. I have always heard if the island floods there won't be any mushrooms.?????

13. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    You wont find mushrooms on a island that has been flooded the previous year...Just saving ya some time...

I picked 20 lbs sat and that was just messing around hoping from spot to spot on my golf cart, not walking and hunting hard.

14. jer__man

jer__man New Member

State:
    Kingwood Texas
    I would be interested in any descent sheds you come across.

15. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    This might be a dumb question but what do you guys do with the mushrooms?I figure that ya eat them but not sure.I had a buddy once and we were out hunting rabbits.He ate a wild mushroom and got sicker then a dog.I love regular mushrooms but would'nt take a chance on eating a wild one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.