anyone interested in a gathering at Roosevelt lake in Sept?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by SandyCatfish, Jul 6, 2008.

1. SandyCatfish

SandyCatfish New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Anyone interested? I am thinking the 2nd week-end in Sept.....but that date is not in stone. Maybe Labor day would be better for a bigger turn out. I hope Dale and some of the others will show. Please reply. Roosevelt has wonderful camping and showers available. Sandy :tounge_out:

2. SandyCatfish

SandyCatfish New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    I went to look for more names that went to Bythe.....and the admin would not add the names, 7 min rule.....blah.blah,....such as Tofish, Azflats, Micah, Gilmafam to my list. But, all are welcome, not just BOC members that went to Bythe. Chime in on the dates if any or all are interested. :wink:

3. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Hey Sandy, I was thinking about the same on a gathering. I was thinking about Bartlett or Rosie. I think I can make it either way as long as we are in a new moon phase.:wink:

4. 514th

514th New Member

State:
    arizona
    I know i just joined this thing but i would be interested in goin and meetin new people who are as into fishing as i am. im in the military so labor day would be awesome because we get a four day weekend.

5. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Thanks for the invite Sandy.... That Lobor day date is rough for Ca folks like myself..... usually stay at home and let the folks that need to get out of town have the road.... maybe October.... but thats the Martinez time...LOL

Bayrunner Ray

6. SandyCatfish

SandyCatfish New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    If everyone likes Barlett better.....no problem.....just want BOC to have a gathering. I just mentioned Labor day, but can be the week or 2 later. Someone give me some ideas. :eek:oooh:

7. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    How about the 26-28th of September??

* The last part of September should be a real good opportunity for someone to catch a giant from Roosevelt..

* At Roosie, a lot depends on what the water level is at.. If it has dropped, folks might not be able to get up in the river..

~ Bartlet is a better bet for consistency, Roosevelt is a better bet for bigger fish.

Count me in Sandy, whichever time/place is decided. I am always looking for an excuse to go fishing.
    ~A

8. SandyCatfish

SandyCatfish New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    I know your an expert on Rosie...I say those dates are perfect........please others chime in...I am game for the end Sept. I just started with some dates, to see if anyone was interested. I can get t-shirts made if people will commit. It is a no pressure thing....just talk cat fishing....and go do it. Heck, we do not need t=shirts.......let's just do it. Sandy

9. SandyCatfish

SandyCatfish New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    AZFLATS and APACHEFLATS, have perkerd up their ears to small gathering anyone else interested? I can beat this to death.....I need to know who might show up. I live in Tucson....far away....there should be plenty of PHX people willing to to meet up and do some fishing and watch AZFLats CATCH THE BIG ONES LIKE IN BYLTHE. lol :wink:

10. SandyCatfish

SandyCatfish New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    WHEN WILL IT BE IN SEPT???? :cool2:

11. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    New moon is September 29th :wink:

12. Billy Jo

Billy Jo New Member

State:
    Peoria , Arizona
    Sounds good to me. never fished roosevelt for catfish only Bass. I will mark dowm the dates and plan on being there.
    Later Billy Jo

13. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Sandy,
    If anyone tries to watch and learn from me, they can pick up some real useful tips on how not to do things... lol..

I will plan to go for the Friday-Sunday.. (26th-28th)..
    * Hopefully the water level stays up...
    ~A

14. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    It just so happens i will be on vacation at roosie at that time(New moon at the end of Sept). Hopefully it'll be cool enough outside to bring my wife n kids. I'd like to stop by and chat with ya'll.

15. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    That's my job chief. :tounge_out:

Did you catch something big in Blythe? You holding out?

16. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Forget it.. I ain't going now..:smile2:

17. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    id be in for September,its always good to meet catfishin folks!!:cool2:

18. Lenny The Lamb

Lenny The Lamb New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Sandy,
    I would love to make it out for that trip!! With my son's hockey schedule it is tough to plan that far ahead, but if we're open, we're there. It would be great to meet some of the legends on here in person. Chummer and Azflats come to mind...Ha.

19. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    LMAO.......

That might actually be a good thing for me. The kinda year you have been having, i wouldn't want your bad luck to rub off on me. :tounge_out:

20. WegsXXI

WegsXXI New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Lenny,
    Who do your kids play hockey for? i grew up in ND, Canada, MT playin hockey i was born with skates HA... i played jrs.A for the billings Bulls and got traded down here to the road runners a year ago but i tore my rotator cuff in an exabition game gettin hit from behind and it ended my career :cool2: and now i have to goto school haha wow i was pissed!