anyone installed a livewell in a sea ark

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by Jollymon, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Has anyone installed a live well in the back seat of a sea ark boat ? I am thinking about installing one in the rear seat of my 1872 sea ark. I realize i will be removing some flotation but my boat has the optional pods on the stern that adds floatation to the boat .Just wondering if anyone has done this an could give me some pointers ? thanks guys any info would be nice :cool2:

2. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    I have the same boat as you 1872 jtpcc ( jet tunnel pro center console). I just have a pump in pump out and a 12volt airater with 2 air stones. Works great

I think i have a shot in my albums here is a video I made

[youtubevid]3VW-zJgkNaM&hl[/youtubevid]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2009

3. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have a 2072 seaark with the solid rear seat and I want to do the same thing. I contacted a Local Seaark dealer for some help because I wanted factory Seaark products and was disappointed to find out according to him, Seaark didn't offer or wouldn't sell me the 40 gal live well designed to go in my boat. :angry: He told me that i would have to go with a custom built application. I thought about trying to contact seaark myself but haven't pursued it any farther. Fishmate Pro live wells (BOC Sponsor) offer some nice looking products. Good Luck and keep us posted if you find something out.

4. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    I turned my bench seat in back into a live well I will try to post some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    thanks for the replys guys . I would like to know how hard it was to do also ,where did you get the water tite compartments to make the livewells out of :wink:

6. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    Sorry mine is a center cosole seat box not the rear bench seat. I just sealed it with silicone. it was easy. No float foam involved