Anyone In To Old Cars and Trucks?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by timbo, Jun 3, 2006.

1. timbo

timbo New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    HOW MANY OUT THERE LIKE OR HAVE OLD CAR,S OR TRUCKS,,,,,,, I HAVE SOME OR RATHER FIXING UP A 1968 COUPE MUSTANG ,, MAKING FOR MY SON
    1972 1/2 CAB BRONCO,,MAKING IT FOR SHOW
    1956 FORD PU SHORT BED MAKING FOR SHOW
    1969 MUD BOG BRONCO TO PLAY WITH
    1976 CAMARO DRAG CAR,,,READY TO GO DID SOME TRADE WORK TO GET THIS ONE,,I DO UPHOLSTERY,,thanks TIMBO:big_smile:

2. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I used to rebuilt and recondition muscle cars, mainly mustangs. I have done ground ups on a 70 Mach 1, 71 coupe, 64 1/2 convertable & 2 73 Mach's. Before I was deployed I just tore down another 73 to the ground and was in the process of sand blasting and frame restoration. I cant wait to get home and get back on it. This one I have owned since I was 16....20 years ago. I am going to give it too my oldest boy. It will be SWWEEEEET when I get done with it. Black and Silver with a 351 HO, 4 speed hurst. Brand new from the ground up.

MAJ D

3. borntocatfish

borntocatfish New Member

State:
    NW ohio
    I got a 88 mustang I plan to redo its in a barn
    but love old cars

4. Mid-MO fisherman

Mid-MO fisherman New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Mo
    Old truck are definately on my top 5 list of favorite things. I am currently trying to save the funds to work on my 1946 3/4 ton Chevy. I have had it for 5 years now. My wife wants me to get rid of it but i tell her that i had it before her and will not be parting with it any time soon.:lol:

5. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Yes I have owned a few the most recent 67 fleetside gmc shortbed with a 383 stroker I have also had a 56 olds 2 door hardtop 326 rocket oh i do like hotrods so don't get me started unless you mean it

6. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I used to have a 1951 5 window chevy pickup welded the front end toghter made it a forward tilting setup had a 327 in it with 202 heads wieand tunnel ram predator carbs b&m built turbo 400 isky roller tappet valve train pete jackson gear drive hooker headers flowmasters 2 1/2 tubing chevy disc brake front end corvette rear end ta's for rubber with true spoke rims burgendy paint leather tuck and roll buick tilt lots and lots of chrome the list is endless. sure wished I still had it. was stolen.

7. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I've still got an old 1968 Ford 4x4 pickup I bought in 1970, but it has a blown engine right now. It was a special order from the factory. It's a 3/4 ton body sitting on a 1 ton frame, and it has overload leaf springs that don't even touch and start taking weight till there's almost exactly a ton in the bed. Many times I've picked up gravel, sand, or wood where I had to be weighed out of the yard, and had over 4000# in the bed. The really neat thing is that even loaded that way, the truck doesn't squat. When I'm driving home at night with the truck loaded that way, oncoming vehicles don't flash their lights at me.
    To answer the original question, I like old cars, and even some old trucks.

8. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I have a 1980 Jeep cj-7 Laredo with zero rust and hope to restore it by next year. I also collect old car and truck models.

here are some pics.

Attached Files:

9. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I've got a 1966 Toronado, first year of American made front wheel drive car.
    I have it stored right now but intend on starting the restoration as soon as my legs get better.

10. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I've been trying to talk my father inlaw to selling me his 1966 Chevrolet pickup and it's been restored and he put in the cherry wood bed himself and I rebuilt the original 283 small block myself but he just doesn't seem to want to part with it unless I have $10,000. It's a very nice truck.
    If I get my hands on it sometime, I'll be dropping in a 350 bored 40 over with 400 hp. I will also need to put power disc brakes on it.
    It's a very nice truck.