Anyone in the Tampa area like to Trotline?

Discussion in 'LOCAL FLORIDA TALK' started by FloridaBoy, Feb 24, 2007.

1. FloridaBoy

FloridaBoy New Member

State:
    Florida
    I was wanting to know if anybody else run trotlines in the Tampa area and if so where?

2. Phantom309

Phantom309 New Member

State:
    Titusville Florida
    Hi FloridaBoy;
    This is rather unrelated to your inquiry but thought I'd throw it in just to share a great time from my past with you, and myself.
    I see that word "Trotline" and the memory comes flooding back to me, as it sometimes does, of a night I spent trotlining as a kid, loooong time ago.
    We went out and camped on a river's edge, had a trotline set out, sat by the campfire, once an hour we'd get the jon boat and go out to pull in our catch, come to the bank and clean the catch by the fire. Actually I was a kid and the adults did all the work. I have never forgotten that night and have always wanted to do it again, but, things have always worked to where I have never done it again.
    Even this year, right now, the time is right, but, the planets arn't quite lined up yet.
    Oh, yeah, back to the story, the next day we cleaned the turtles, and that evening we had a great supper, catfish and turtle. They were so good, and the night spent sitting by the campfire, and running the trotline, was such a great experience that it has stuck with me all my life, and for all that life I have wanted to repeat the experience, and, have never done so.
    Perhaps this year..............
    Have a nice day,
    Danny

3. FloridaBoy

FloridaBoy New Member

State:
    Florida
    Trotlining is one of my favorite things to do but it seems like more and more places around here won't allow it, I was just wanting some more places to go. It also seems like there arn't that many people that trotline any more.