Anyone In the Pensacola Area?

Discussion in 'LOCAL FLORIDA TALK' started by Flatheadhunter33, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I just found out that I will be attending a school at Whiting Field (near Pensacola) in Jan-Feb time frame. Anyone know any good blue cat guides? This will be my first time visiting anywhere in the state of Florida so Im getting excited!

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I lived in pensacola a couple of years ago caught channels at the back of Escambia bay out going tide on shrimp (frozen) bait shrimp . Good place to pick up reds,flounder,black drum,sheephead,and got into rockfish once in a while . Good Fishing

3. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Thanks Lance! Im wondering if anyone lives out there now?!:smile2: I cant get any responses from the locals? Im wanting to get out there and catch a blue or two, or three, or four, or...you know what I mean.:smile2: Are there any giudes in that area that I can hook up with?

4. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Don't know about guides . I only caught channels there no blues or flatties . You might try to contact florida fish and game for more info good luck !

5. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    i am stationed at NAS in pensacola. i havent fished down there much. only salt water. i get out 3 weekends a month, maybe we'll go check it out

6. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Check out the back of Escambia bay pending tibes it is a pretty good place to fish . Also check out the gulf breeze bridge (salt) , The pass ,the oier at Navarre later spring/summer for kings . Some baits that worked for me are : shrimp live and frozen pending species of fish , pinfish you can catch on small hooks and bits of shrimp , They are like a bluegill so cut there back fin off . bull minnows , and squid. You can catch little sea cats in the bay as well .Small but if you catch one you will be in them no good to eat ( to me ) .Good luck and post your results and thanks for serving our country !

7. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Thanks for your response Lance! Sorry it took me so long to thank you. I had not gotten any feedback on this for a while so I kind of gave up...lol. Anyhow, Im in Florida now and looking to get out so I will let you all know how it turns out.

8. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Your welcome hope you catch some good uns' !

9. weinerdog

weinerdog New Member

State:
    Florida
    I live here but unfortunately I don't know of anyone guiding for cats. A guy who works for me guides for Redfish, SeaTrout, and Flounder. (Basically anything in the Pensacola or Blackwater Bays.)

Let me know if you're interested and I'll post his number.