Anyone In The MD Area Interested In Planning A Trip?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MARYLAND TALK' started by Aquakeeper, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Aquakeeper

Aquakeeper New Member

State:
    Maryland
    I would like to somehow setup a trip to get out and do some nice catfishing with a few of the local Marylanders. I do not have a boat or else I would take out anyone willing to come out and do some fishing.

I was wondering if anyone that has a boat and would be willing to take interested fisherman out for a trip and have a good time. Im sure any gas, bait, and other costs could easilly be split within all the people wanting to attend.

I think it be a great way to meet the Maryland locals and a chance for people that might not be able to have a boat..a chance to get out and fish that open water for some nice size catfish!

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Chris,

You better get a new avatar, you will scare people off :embarassed:

I wouldnt know if I should bring a Side Arm, or a Tazer ;P

3. Aquakeeper

Aquakeeper New Member

State:
    Maryland
    I think my stunning good looks seems to attract the bigger cats...LOL

4. ayokay005

ayokay005 New Member

State:
    Maryland
    HEY ILL GO WITH YOU!!!

DUH:roll_eyes:

5. Aquakeeper

Aquakeeper New Member

State:
    Maryland
    U don't got a boat either! :roll_eyes:

LOL

6. Galant02

Galant02 New Member

State:
    Maryland
    hey im in for a nice fishin trip , somewhere round here where there is a pier and some beer

7. catfishn72

catfishn72 New Member

State:
    WhEELING,WEST VIRGINIA
    Do You Know If There Are Flatheads In Deep Creek.

8. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    lol @ Paul ............

9. Amigo108

Amigo108 New Member

State:
    Columbia, Maryland
    I'll go also but...I don't have a boat either!

10. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    lol I got 2 boats that are ready for the water (canoe and jon) but i can't fit more then 2 of us (me and somebody) in the Canoe and not on any big bodies of water like lower potomac or anything thats got huge amounts of motor boat traffic (like Yough or DC Lakes), but the smaller lakes like elkhorn, Loch Raven, Rocky Gorge, Tridelphia, etc would work...... and unless you guys weigh 100 or less the jonboats out too...

As for Flatties in Deep Creek, it wouldn't surprise me if they were... I've talked to one of the guys at Jonny's baithouse up there about the cats in there and i knew about the bullheads (caught them a bunch) but i was wondering about channels and he said only other one in there are Mud cats... don't know if he was also talking bullheads or if he was refering to Flatties... Could explain the large fish that acted like a cat (more then 5 or 6 lbs so i doubt it was a bullhead) I hooked into on 6 lb line years ago and go up to the dock... I thought maybe channel but don't know... I mean all we had was lantern light by that dock so i didnt get a good look at all... all the fish did too was spin and thrash right at the surface ....