Anyone in the Jacksonville area????

Discussion in 'LOCAL FLORIDA TALK' started by kyleco55, Jun 2, 2009.

1. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    Ive got a friend that moved to jacksonville a few weeks ago, and i anticipate ill be spending time down there as well.. just wondering if anyone was from this area that could lead us to some good cattin.. i know theres alot of water in his area, i just dont know where to start looking for em there..he said he looked around for hours, and couldnt even find a paylake..not sure why the heck he would want one, but said they arent there anyways.. the rest of this year for sure, we would be bank fishing... maybe by next year he can get a boat..

i looked on a map, and ol catfish commando is only about an hour n a half away.. might just have to head up his way... :smile2:

2. bad apple

bad apple New Member

State:
    florida
    well i dont know much about jax but i do know u gt the st johns river up there and the rodman resivoir which is sposed to be pretty decent i hope this helps....

3. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    thanks.. ill let him know... were due to have a baby in aug. i talked to holly, and she agrees we need to get down there before the baby.. who knows when we can afford it after my 3rd kid..lol:crazy:

so hopefully around mid july we can go for a week..

4. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    im in jax at NAS. i havent fished around fresh water much but there are a few piers at the beach. i went over to the suwanee river this weekend to a concert and campout and it looked like a pretty good catfishin river. there is a nice bend with a lot of structure right at the campsite. its about an hour west of jax in Live Oak. ill be goin out there again to fish in a couple weeks if it ever stops raining

5. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    thanks for the info!