Anyone in the Ft. Bragg area...

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Catfisherman111, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Catfisherman111

Catfisherman111 New Member

State:
    NC
    If theres anyone in the Ft. Bragg area, I suggest getting in a kayak/canoe and following the little river right when it enter Ft. Bragg area, once you go a few miles youll get to a huge swamp. At the oppisite end of the swamp where it drains out into the little river again my dad and I were caching decent channels and alot of bullheads. We were actually fishing with worms getting alot of crappie. There's alot of those but their not very big. I just had a part of a nightcrawler sitting on the bottom and not even 15 seconds after I tossed my line in I had a cat on the bank. I continued tossing it where I had and they just kept coming and coming. I had never caught that many cat's so fast. Theres also decent bass there. I caught a 1lb 4oz Largemouth fishing with a pumpkin seed worm right after I tossed it in. I would tell you more details on how to get there......but we just unloaded the kayaks, went down a bit and found the place. Watch out for snakes though, biggest water moccasins ive ever seen. Good luck!

Adam

2. Catfisherman111

Catfisherman111 New Member

State:
    NC
    I'd give more specific directions but im not sure where we unloaded the kayaks or if any roads leade back to it. Didnt hear any cars so I think its a bit off any large road.

3. rzrbk24

rzrbk24 New Member

State:
    Pope Air Force Base, NC
    What's up bud? I live on Pope AFB and fish the Bragg lakes quite often. Are you stationed here? I may know where you're talking about but I'm not sure. You're absolutely right about the cottonmouths. I had a face to face with one at Overhills last year. I didn't know they get that big but he was a monster. We call him Mr. Big