Anyone Hitting The Rivers?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by catfishrollo, Jul 4, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Anyone gonna go this weekend? Might try to talk the wife in a few more hours this weekend!!!! Let me know.....rollo

2. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    Rollo its 6AM im heading to work in Columbus now but im thinkin about heading out tonight for a bit i"ll holler at ya later my man

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nope; been skunked 3 stright trips, I know better..I know I cant catch flatheads from late june thru July..But I tried.

4. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    Me and my wife went out on the Ohio yesterday afternoon and boated 3 flatheads. Biggest was 28 lbs. I'm not going out this weekend with all those crazys!!

5. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    A friend and I were planning a trip to the Big Sandy in Ky but he has canceled. Illness:sad2: . I called my regular fishing buddy in Columbus so he is headed down this evening and we will hit the Ohio. Will probably anchor at Gallipolis and watch the fireworks show then head up the Kananawh(sp) for an all nighter. Have appx 35 gills, and he likes cut baits so he will probably bring a couple frozen Skipjack for himself. Will post results tomorrow.

6. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    To all you folks who will be on the water today, play it safe and Please please leave the barly pop on shore. There already have been one fatal alcohol related boating fatality this week end in Ky. Wish everyone and your loved ones a safe and happy week end

7. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Might wanna try them flats before August.......T Bull and I got into a bunch of them tonight on the ohio....don't really believe they are all on the nest anymore...pulled in a 25 lber, a couple 10s or so. Plenty of strikes and runs. :wink:

8. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    That's how it always works. Someone caught one somewhere and you break down and go. It's two weeks I haven't gone and it feels weird staying home but I know if I go near water, it will suck.

9. Deerslayer29

Deerslayer29 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm giving it a break also. Hung my treestands yesterday. LOL I think I'll try it one day next week. Going bass fishing tonight on a private lake. Should catch a ton. Last year we caught about 30 in 2 hrs. Lost a 5# at the boat

10. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Gonna hit the local lake here tonight myself. Best time to go while everyone is out on the town

11. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    me and sharpy went last night down in your neck of the woods jason, i hooked up on a big flat and it broke me off, i tried to horse it away from a bridge piling:sad2:, we had a few good runs and caught a couple decent channels, was a nice night to be out

12. BG CAT

BG CAT New Member

State:
    Westerville OH
    tunacat and I are hitting the Ohio River is Gallopolis Friday night.

13. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    BG, I will be on the river Friday night probably Gallipolis Pool. If you see a couple geezers in a red Bass Tracker stop and chat for a few. Good luck.