Anyone here use GPS in eastern NC?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by mhbomber, Mar 2, 2009.

1. mhbomber

mhbomber New Member

State:
    Wilmington
    I am looking to purchase a Lowrance gps/sonar combo and am wondering about the gps maps. My understanding is that the upgraded maps you can buy are much better than the base maps. I fish the NE Cape, Cape Fear and Sutton Lake mostly. Does anyone know what these areas look like on the upgraded maps? Would this be worth it?

2. I use what came with it no problem.Did get some other info from friends and marked mine up.
    I would say try it first then if you need more go for.
    Good luck 520C here

3. Fishing Fred

Fishing Fred New Member

State:
    Lillington, N.C
    Bought the LMS 520C the beginning of last year. Couple of weeks later added the Hot Spots sd card for around 100 bucks. Would not go back. Works great for me everywhere I've fished. Shows position of know underwater structure not found on reg. maps. Just my opinion, I'm far from an expert on anything, except getting into debt ! You are welcome to contact me to see if you can upgrade yours with my unit. PM for some more info you might can use. Would have been out on Jordan today searching if my health had allowed ! Next best thing is sitting here checking out the BOC ! Fishing Fred