anyone here from Bridgeport, Tx.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by txthumper1691, Dec 23, 2007.

1. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    Th wife an I are entertaining th idea of a move to Bridgeport, Tx. where I would work in th oil fields. It would mean alot more money. Th idea is for me to go ahead an get th job, start of by getting out of debt then save till school lets out, by that time I should've found a house to buy, sell this one, even tho we just bought it, move th family up there somewhere so I dont have to drive 3 hrs to wk anymore. While school is in session, I will be gone for 2-3 weeks at a time. Time away from th family will be rough, but we think financially worth it. I googled it, there are sev lakes in th area, one goodone in Bridgeport, also 1 in Azle, even Cleburne has a nice one. This is a lil scary for us cuz theres alot of unknowns, but we r optomistic. I do have a ? for anyone in th area. We have a 14 yr old who is a lil handicapped, and we need a GOOD school to accomidate him. If he aint happy in school, then he aint happy anywhere. Thats our only obstacle is makin sure he gets in a school he likes, I mean kids, teachers an everything. If anyone knows anything about any school in th area, I would appreciate any info I can use to help make th decision to move or not to move. thanks in advance.

Keith

2. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Howdy Keith, I'm not from the Bridgeport area but I have friends out that way and I could find out other info for you on the schools out there. I know the area is very good and the the lakes are full of cats out there.
    I live in Fort Worth and I used to drive a rock truck out there in Bridgeport at the TXI plant.
    When you get moved down this way, you'll have to stay in touch and I can tell you more about this area. The wife and I are trying to purchase 3-5 acres up by Witchita Falls area and build a log house on it this next summer.
    I do know the schools around here are pretty good with disabled children.

If you want to call me sometime, send me an email and we'll chat brother.

AL

3. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    Fort Worth is still a good drive to Bridgeport, was kinda hoping to move a lil closer like Azle or Boyd or somewhere west of Ft. Worth. Even Cleburne is a lil far. Am heading that way come Thursday to fill out th application, also while there gonna try an locate schools. I did Google earth th area, an saw Bridgeport has a nice lake just off 380. Azle & Cleburne both have some good fishing waters that I wanna try to pull some cats out of. When, if I do get up there, I wanna meet any BOC member(s) that I can an fish w/ya to.

4. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    AND Possium Kingdom ain't that far away!!!
    Just over in Graham.
    Ammon Carter Lake near Bowie.

Al, when you get up here...we can clean up on some cats at Arrowhead!!
    I'm tired of catching them by myself LOL

Wally

5. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    Just drove up to Bridgeport Thursday, took 380 into McKinney. went to Lake Bridgeport and then to Lewisville lake, both look like some serious cat fishin hot spots. Didnt see a Wal-Mart tho, u know us rednecks, we gotta have our wallyworld.Drove thru Decatur lookin for a McD's or Burger King or somethin and all I found was a churches chkn on 380. DO NOT EAT THERE, there food sucks. I like th fried okra an frech fries, thats it,lol. not sayin there isnt a wal-mart or anything in Decatur, just that I couldnt find it if there is.

6. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Keith,
    The Wal-Mart and ALL the eatin' places in Decatur are about 1/2 south of 380 on US 287. Can't miss them.

Ammon Carter Lake near Bowie. is about 20 miles north of Decatur of of 287.

7. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    Hmm, guess I shoulda stopped an asked someone huh,lol. :embarassed: :wink: :smile2:.