Anyone here fish euro style ?

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by FlatheadManiacScott, Jan 25, 2010.

1. FlatheadManiacScott

FlatheadManiacScott New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Heres some of my set-ups
    12' & 13' carbon fiber carp rods (bought from the UK) , large baitrunner reels (some USA some from the UK) , electronic Fox and Delkim bite alarms (uk) , Fox and Solar rod pods (uk).

Attached Files:

2. FlatheadManiacScott

State:
    Ohio
    More...

Attached Files:

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Used to carp alot as ayounger man. I do know that carpin in the UK is very popular and taken very serious. Bye the way,welocome to the fold. #1 son was in the UK for a year. He said gettin aplace to fish was tough.

4. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I fish exclusively euro style. Right now I have 2 euro rods in 3lb TC and about to add a 3rd in 3.5 TC, and fish a technipeche pod with resistance alarms. I'm running spro big pits as well with 65lb braid.

I was going to add a delkim receiver set but will instead get the resistance set, great for the money. My pod is made for 4 rods so a 4th will be added as soon as possible. Focusing on gearing up for some carp events this year.

5. FlatheadManiacScott

State:
    Ohio
    Hey guys , glad to see there are some interested in CATCHING carp instead of shooting them.

Wrestler, I take it you have been over to the .................com ? I used to be a member of CAG and American Carp Society member. Even took total weight at the CAGI held here in Columbus , Ohio a few years ago. Fished a lot of the fish-in and even held state record carp for a Cag member in Ohio (36 lbs. )

Lots of fun and all that , just didnt get along well with others on some of those forums.

Anyway , yea I just put in another order with Andy over at Resistance yesterday for some more goodies. I normally buy from Resistance , Big Carp Tackle and Wackerbaits.

I have as follows for carp:

Reels:
    2 shimano 3500BTRs (us)
    2 shimano 4500BTRs (us)
    2 Shimano Big baitrunner Long Casts (uk)
    2 Daiwa Grandwave 5000BRs (us)
    2 Okuma avenger 30's (us)
    1 Okuma avenger 40 (us)
    2 Daiwa Emblem Z 5500's (us)
    1 Shimano Ultegra 10000 (uk) for spodding at long range

Rods: all UK
    2 12' Fox Rangemaster I's - 2.50TC
    2 12' Fox Rangemaster I's - 2.75TC
    2 13' Fox Warrior - 3.25TC
    2 13' Shimano Technium Slims - 3.00TC
    2 9' Chub Outcast Stalkers - 2.25TC - my Winter fishing rods
    1 12' Fox spod rod - 5.50TC

Rod pods / alarms;
    3 Fox MX arlarms
    2 Fox SX alarms
    2 Delkim Plus alarms
    2 Delkim Txi alarms
    1 Delkim RX reciever
    1 complete stainless steel Solar Super Sod pod w/ all the goodies
    1 Fox Quattro pod
    1 Fox Frontier pod

I have sold off a lot of my gear , I used to be a serious tackle tart...well still am but Ive had some gear just because I wanted it , not because I needed it and used it.

Good luck to you , carp fishing euro style can be a whole lot of fun...plus the gear works very well for other species besides carp.

Scott

6. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    I fish for carp some times.. But i just use my channel cat gear usually with corn..But sometimes i will use homeade carp bait...I have caught them on liver while catfishing...Are you from europe or just like the way they fish over there?..I have always liked watching them guys catch them carp on them HUGE rods and for bite alert systms are pretty cool

7. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I am not from europe, born and raised in TN. However, I have also found the euro style to be a blast and highly effective.

8. FlatheadManiacScott

State:
    Ohio
    I too Brad was born and raised right here in Ohio , grew up slinging nightcrawlers and wheatie balls as a kid , but grew into the euro ways and have'nt looked back.

Nothing better than being on the bank at night in the quiet only to have the silence broken by one of my alarms screaming a single beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep while watching the blue LEDs light up on the alarm and lighted indicator as the spool on the baitrunner turns like its hook to a truck doing 55 mph...priceless to me.

Scott