Anyone here ever bank fish Lake Tawakoni in Texas

Discussion in 'Bank Fishing' started by creepie-jackalope, Dec 26, 2009.

1. creepie-jackalope

creepie-jackalope New Member

State:
    Great state of Texas!
    It's going to be my first time to fish at this lake. I was wondering if any of you guys could suggest some good fishing docks or banks. I live in Belton TX and am going up there for a couple of days. I have heard so much about the catfishing on this lake and thought I would try out my luck. Thanks fellas, Ryan

2. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Ryan the only place I have fished is at Wind Point park about three weeks ago and caught three from the bank. Only tried for a short time. Maybe somebody from around there can put you on a better spot. Good luck.

3. creepie-jackalope

creepie-jackalope New Member

State:
    Great state of Texas!
    Thanks man, I appreciate the info. Ryan

4. gregaguilar

gregaguilar New Member

State:
    texas
    please if you or any other person gets an answer please email me at gregaguilar@verizon.net we are planning a fishing trip up to tawakonie from san angelo tx we really appreciate it

5. Gotbuck

Gotbuck New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ryan, here is some info I had when I was hunting hogs several years back. I did not fish the lake (hogs were too good) but here are some good contour maps you can use as a guide. The guys I went with did fish the lake and had good results with cut shad around Iron Dam.

Iron Bridge Dam Topographic Map | Lat 32.8082°N Long -95.9205°W Elevation 423 Feet | Zoom 15 S Size

The link above shows lake contours where you can pan around on.

http://www.twdb.state.tx.us/hydro_survey/tawakoni/Contours.pdf

The link above is a full map put together by Texas Fish and Game

The attachment is the current fishing report I found.

6. Gotbuck

Gotbuck New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    Wolf Cove and Cedar Cove is where they fished at along the points at the main lake. They did not fish in the backs of the coves as it was muddy and a storm went through a few days prior to them fishing. I seem to remember them fishing in the 15-20 foot range and bringing in some good size 20 lb fish. We ate like kings that weekend.

7. 40oz

40oz New Member

State:
    Gun Barrel Tx
    Tawokoni is one of my favorite cat lakes, my best luck has always been at the spillway & wind point park.