Anyone here catfish Lake Fork?

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Pfunk, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Pfunk

Pfunk New Member

State:
    Lake Fork - Texas
    Just wondering...

2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Allen, welcome to the BOC/SOC. We fished a two day tournament their last year and are planning on going again next year. You couldn't prove it by us but we were told there was some good blues and flats in the lake. We fished from one end to the other for 5 straight days throwing shad, skips, perch and everything you could imagine and never caught a blue. But we caught more channel cats than i have ever caught anywhere from 2 to 5 lbs. That lake has to be one of the top channel cat lakes in the nation.

3. Pfunk

Pfunk New Member

State:
    Lake Fork - Texas
    Wow, not one blue? I live right on Duck Call Cove which is the mouth of Birch Creek, so thats usualy where i catch them.
    Oddly, i dont see too many channel cats other than when i get one bass fishing every now and then..
    Next time you come out, try Duck Call Cove. It has a channel that runs from the main lake right up into the cove. The blues love to hang under the floating Hydrilla (im assuming thats what its called) out of the sun, and gorge on all sorts of critters.
    If they dont bite there then the mouth of that cove (around 20 ft deep) is sure to land you some nice ones.
    Biggest ive pulled out so far is 8 lbs, but ive had a few break my 25lb test line before (because my drag was screwed up).

Thanks for the welcome.

Al