Anyone heard of this kinda trolling motor?

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by RamRod, Mar 27, 2006.

1. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I heard about some type of mount that allows you to clamp it on to the back of your outboard motor. This clamp in turn allows you to hook a second smaller motor on it such as a 9.9. Kinda works as a piggyback to allow you to use the existing steering in the boat yet permit you to use a smaller motor on lakes with limited horsepower.

:0a36: ​

2. dademoss

dademoss New Member

State:
    Ohio

3. comanchero

comanchero New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Hey RamRod - I know exactly what you are talking about. I went to my trusty Cabela's Marine Catalog and I found it. It is called an: E.Z. Steer Motor Connectors, Item Number: SS-01-0974. It costs $179.00. You can find it on-line at Cabela's, just use that item number or the name in their search function and it should take you right to it. Good Luck!

4. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    It would sure beat being all folded up in the transom, trying to steer that pony motor by hand.

5. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for the input everyone, much appreciated. But the way I was thinking was if you couldn't mount the 2nd motor on your transom and you had to mount it to the back of the bigger motor.

6. catwacker

catwacker New Member

State:
    illinois
    i think this is something you could rig up yourself, but with the safety factors involved it would be a good idea to think about it real hard before trying it. some basic parts off old motors would make it fairly simple. then again with the boating disaster that could result maybe it's better to not even think about it!!
    catwacker

7. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    There is a trolling motor that mounts to the foot of your outboard motor. And its more like a thruster motor.
    You have to turn the big motor to steer the electric motor.
    Is that what your talking about?
    Pete