anyone heard of a 60+ marion or moultrie???

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Cgoyette, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Cgoyette

Cgoyette New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Been a long time since I heard of a 60+ my ast one was last spring and she went back in. I just dont hear of the pigs being caiught much anymore.

Anyone remember the 90's seemed like once a week you heard of a big one and many many 50's

Now all I hear about here and elswhere is 20-30 lbs range.

Man I miss the old days....and thats just a decade ago.

Curt

2. lakemoultrieblues

lakemoultrieblues Member

State:
    SC
    I just heard of a 64 lber on lake Moultrie Fri. night. I am pretty sure that it was a blue.

3. nasty nate

nasty nate New Member

State:
    south carolina
    My buddy Michael, who is a guide on santee, caught a 70 lb blue about two months ago. They are in there, but I dont believe there are as many as there used to be.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    sounds like people are catching 1 a month anyway, I bet it picks up here in a month or two. Good luck fishing.

5. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    I caught one big blue last year around june over 50lb and one this year around april over 80 lb PB. Like you said not as many of the big boys being reported as several years back? I still like the 15 - 30 lb range they fight hard and you can catch a bunch of them ( JUST ASK RON ) HA HA HA!!

6. cleon

cleon New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Hey Gomer, I like your quote at the bottom. Good stuff!!

7. Bud Moore

Bud Moore New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    My boy Ryan & I have been there many times: Mostly stay at Randolphs, it's been so rough at times,we fished behind the dam in the channel and did well with 2- over 40lbs. Bud

8. fish-n-pitch

fish-n-pitch New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Just had a 68lb fish weighed in at the NCCATS Tourny this weekend along with several other big fish.

9. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Ya fish-n-pitch, I was gonna say they had a 68.15 that won, a couple of 40's, and a several 30's.

From what the guides have told me, the ones that talk the truth when they are not selling a guided trip, they will tell you that there are not the same number of monsters that were there. There are still lots of fish, and lots of really nice fish in the 30-40 pound range, but 50-70 pounders are much less common the past ten years.

Hopefully SC anglers will continue to push the SCDNR to further restrict the harvest of trophy fish so that the livelyhood of the folks around lakes is protected.

I am willing to bet that folks like Cgoyette can make that happen. :wink:

10. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Pop Pop agrees. How about no fish over 36 inches and no Trotlines:big_smile:. That would make me happy!:wink:

11. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Let me reflect some more. Thats no fish over 36 inches harvested.