Anyone having any luck on High Rock Lake lately

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Will i am, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Will i am

Will i am New Member

State:
    NC
    Anybody been down? I've been down every weekend for the past month and 1/2 and the flats have really slowed, went from catching 30 to 55lbs and gone down to 13 and lucky to get a 20lb, could the spawn be a effect? fishing abbotts creek and flatswamp sides.

2. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    William, I have been fishing High Rock (mostly Abbott's Creek) since early in May. I haven't had any luck fishing for flatheads. The channel cat bite has been slow as well.

3. Will i am

Will i am New Member

State:
    NC
    Thats the story I hear from everyone except I seem to have no problem catching channels! Caught 5 Saturday night weighing between 3 and 14lbs but I'm after flatheads, dont get me wrong 14lb was a fun fish to catch but after a 20 to 55 lb 5 and 6 fish a night every weekend since May theres just nothing like it!

4. Shark

Shark Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I know the feeling guys I have been fishing high rock for about 6 weeks now for flats and have only gotten one that was 20# . I have been struggling to get two or three channels a night and they are all small. No luck in abbotts creek or from the dam to tammaric. Going one night this week its got to change for the better.

5. kvillcat

kvillcat New Member

State:
    Kernersville, Nc
    I fished the Yadkin river portion Fri at Spencer off 85 and didn't get jack squat:angry:. Going to try again this Fri night hopefully.

John

6. lever

lever New Member

State:
    n.c.
    went last nite at the swamp, lost one at the boat. nothing else hit all nite. will be going back east on the cape wednesday.

7. Will i am

Will i am New Member

State:
    NC
    I'm going to the swamp Wednesday night with chubs, hoping the flats have picked up since Saturday night which my buddy caught 1 but it was only 13lbs, but we did manage to land several nice channels that night

8. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    William, When you fish the swamp, are you going out as far as the railroad tressel? I heard that the flatheads like the deep water out there.

9. Will i am

Will i am New Member

State:
    NC
    I have fished the trussel a time or two and had some decent hits but no hook ups. For the most part I havnt been to the swamp but once this year. I've been fishing Abbots creek side hard and its produced alot of good flats for me this year including a 53.2lb and serveral 30-40lbs but they have slacked off so I'm tryin to swamp tonight, hope for the best I'll keep updated

10. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    They are probably on the beds if it got that slow that quick. Now you have to put the bait right on 'em and pull 'em off the bed. Move around a lot and you'll still get a few. High Rock has been calling my name, but work has been calling louder.... ugh!

11. Will i am

Will i am New Member

State:
    NC
    I took some Chubs down lastnight and ended catching a couple of Blues and 3 channels nothing of great size though biggest blue was 6 lbs. I did have a excellent run on my 6600 lastnight during that monsoon that came through lol..I missed the hook set in the middle of trying to keep the wind from blowing my gear bags and all in the water. Going back tonight alittle farther back in the swamp under the bridge and seeing if I can get any good hits! Spoke to a guy at Mimis bait and tackle said they had been hitting hard back in there...Will keep informed though.