Anyone having any luck in the Illinois River?

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by PARATROOPER, Aug 25, 2005.

1. PARATROOPER

PARATROOPER New Member

State:
    Waynesville, IL
    I think I'm going out somewhere on the Illinois river this weekend, maybee around Pekin or up north towards Henry. Anyone heard how the fishing has been on the river latley?

PARATROOPER

2. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    Hey hoss I am heading out ont the Ilinois this weekend too. If you want to head just a little farther north maybe we can hook up. I will more than likely put in in Hennepin or La Salle. Good luck.

3. elmer

elmer New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well if YOU, wanna head a little further north (or upriver), maybe I can git the graywolf to go and we can all get together and CATCH some fish. :p :p :D

Paratrooper:
    Was on the water last Saturday further up river of Starved Rock. Watched the water go up two feet, and turn from slightly stained to chocolate milk in the time we were out. Managed to get a few fish (eater sized) but the fishin was tuff. This weekend looks promissing as far a fish Catching goes.

Let us know how you do if you cant make it up this way.

elmer

4. PARATROOPER

PARATROOPER New Member

State:
    Waynesville, IL
    Elmer and 4X4, I appriciate the invite, but I think I might have to stay a little further south. Hennepin is quite a drive on such short notice. What days are you planning on fishing? I will let you know either way.

PARATROOPER

5. Schoe

Schoe New Member

State:
    Moline ILL.
    Paratrooper, I was looking at your profile to see where you were coming from and couldnt find Waynesville in the map index. Somehow I thought it was close to beardstown. Schoe

6. Schoe

Schoe New Member

State:
    Moline ILL.
    If you have any of those Bigheads jump in your boat hang on to them and we will smoke them and see how they taste. Schoe

7. Graywolf

Graywolf New Member

State:
    Peru, IL.
    Bob, Chris just L-O-V-E-S!!!! Bighead carp in his boat. He like to pet 'em, love 'em and hold 'em. Yeah he does!!! :rolleyes:

A week ago Saturday (the 20th.) the flow in the Illinois at Marseilles was around 2,000 cfs then they opened the gates in the morning to over 13,000. The water in the Fox River was running upriver. Lots of shad but they were baby ones.

8. PARATROOPER

PARATROOPER New Member

State:
    Waynesville, IL
    Schoe,

Waynesville is about 20 miles south of Bloomington. The closest place for me to get on the Illinois River is around the Manito / Pekin area. Thats still around 40 miles northwest of Waynesville.

9. CherokeeRett

CherokeeRett New Member

State:
    Minier, IL
  10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    hey schoe. hows it going. still eating those frozen biscuts? i am. just made me some milk gravy the other day for 6-8 of em.

paratrooper is from the same wareabouts im from. hes just a few blocks from me. well hes back to the desert for a while now but look at that map. find bloomington. go just a few miles south between mclean and heyworth. its small. 500 or so. only a couple grey roads show to us on most maps. heck if it ain't a good map we may not be on it. :rolleyes: were just about the exact center from north and south and east and west. clinton lake is just off to out east a few miles. give ya an idea since ya mentioned comming down to fish sometime.

as a matter of fact cherokeerett isn't to far from me either. miner is only 15-20 miles from me to the north west.

11. THE FISH WHISPER'ER

THE FISH WHISPER'ER New Member

State:
    waynesville ,IL
    don,t forget me if i can get around the boat by then i would like to join ya ,jerm knows i got my own boat so room is not an problim

12. nauvooblue

nauvooblue New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Held Family Tournament Over September 24 Out Of Henry Ill.

Incredible Totals As 10 Boats Creeled 221 Catfish. All Channels. Good Luck Fighting The Walleye Anglers And Dodging The Asian Carp. One Boat Had Two 6# At The Same Time. Good Luck.