Anyone having any luck in the Dan River

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by moosman66, Apr 29, 2007.

1. moosman66

moosman66 New Member

State:
    virginia
    I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck in the dan this year with the cats(flats,blues,channels.) I had'nt had a chance to really get out this year..... If anyone has had any luck give me a holler

2. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    planning on going this week sometime and will post how it goes

3. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I fished the dan river channel in the lake cought 33 blues, and 1 flat about 40lbs.Dreamer34 I left you a pm and haven't heard anything from you ???? 1bigblue:cool2:

4. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    1bigblue, Where is that tip on the Dan that you said you could hook me up with.

I Plan on fishing the dan Tommorrow and will see how everything goes.

Wheelmobile07

5. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    never got the pm from ya....don't know what's going on?

6. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I wouldn't think The Dan River would be any good for awhile. Chris got them all out of there last year! He was catching them by the boat load. LOL

7. gtva

gtva Member

State:
    Bassett, VA
    As of now I'm planning to try the Dan after work Friday. Either at Dan Daniels park or at Angler's. Look for a red Tacoma.
    Greg

8. moosman66

moosman66 New Member

State:
    virginia
    I dont no whats up with the pm......... But i'm about to start hitting the river hard the next couple of weeks......... Were gonna start down closer to the lake and work our way up....... We need to get up and fish some time Barry........ U too dreamer..... I'll let yall know how it goes

9. crricha13

crricha13 New Member

State:
    Danville, VA
    ah its been a while since ive been on these forums....but hoping this weekend to pull the catfish gear out, and hit the dan :D

10. Skiff1980

Skiff1980 Member

State:
    VA
    I'm new to this board this is my first post. I'm not new to fishing in the Dan. Fishing in the Dan has been very good so far this year. I caught a 36 lb. flathead on 5-9-07. We have been catching blues for a while now, but not many big ones. I think 16 lbs. is the best so far. Shad is plentiful in the river right now. The water level is starting to get a little low for going up river to far. You can do it, but you have to be really carefull. I mainly fish from South Boston to the lake.

11. crricha13

crricha13 New Member

State:
    Danville, VA
    what do you guys recommend for bank fishing in the dan when i cant go get some gold fish or big minnows, where i fish its rather rough so i uno if i could catch any bluegill or somin with a rod or my castnet?

12. Skiff1980

Skiff1980 Member

State:
    VA
    You can usally catch all the bluegill and sunfish you want in any of the deeper feeder creeks. I catch all of my bait many of the creeks that feed the Dan. Just look for the deeper hole with structure. If it has structure and a lot of rocks that is a plus for the sunfish. Hope this helps.