Anyone have the scoop on the two boaters pulled from the water in West Alton?

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by SkipEye, Jul 3, 2009.

1. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    They supposedly hit a sandbar and were thrown from the craft, rescued alive.

2. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I think the paper said they hit a sandbar.

3. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Probally a couple of guys that had no bussiness being on the river as usual.

4. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    not sure how that happens, no dept finder? , going to fast in body of water that they are not familiar with. death wish. just have to wonder about some people that hits the river. last week i saw a pontoon boat trying to cross the ole miss at new madrid going to the ky. side to the sand bar where everyone hangs out, there was tows all over the place and he was going around in circles, i thought something was wrong so i went out to see if he needed help. he told me that his steering cable was broke but he thought he could get over there and back with no problem. tows everywhere current so strong that he was going down stream faster than he was going forward. he had his wife and kids with him. after ten minutes or so i had to go get them and give them a tow, guess what they had me tow them across the river to the sand bar. didn't have any idea how they got back. why would you do that , i thought that the cable broke after they were under way but it turns out that it happened two week ago.

5. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    What a moron.....:crazy: :crazy:

6. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Dumb Ass !!!:tounge_out::confused2::crazy:

7. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm not sure what is more sad...this story or the fact that I'm not really surprised by it? The worst part is that he had his kids with him. If he were to drown you could chalk it up to Darwinism but the kids...just really sad.

8. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    bad enough to put youself in danger but drag your kids too
    TWO WEEKS:angry::angry:
    dumb-a$$

9. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Just plain STUPID!!!!! poor kids.

10. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    And being towed to the party on the sandbar, instead of to the boat ramp is even stupider. I suppose 'the party must go on'. :eek:oooh:

11. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Heres what the belville paper said about the boat wreck. I seen them on the news last night and one guy had on a neck brace with his head busted open and blood streaming down his face

ORCHARD, Mo. -- Two men have been rescued from a cabin cruiser after it hit a navigation barrier called a wing dam in the Mississippi River.

Forty-seven-year-old Gregory Simpson of Creve Coeur was operating the boat in St. Charles County when the accident happened early Friday. His passenger was 31-year-old Michael Bowman of Ballwin.

Both were treated at St. Joseph Health Center in St. Charles and released.

The Missouri State Water Patrol said the 27-foot Sea Ray was totaled.

12. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm getting a better mental picture of how this event went down now...:roll_eyes:

13. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    people dont seem to understand that the day you lose respect for rivers like this is the day they will kill you. people like this should be confined to lakes. i never understood why we have licenses to drive cars, but any a**hole with a boat can go put it out in the river, with no idea of whats going on or what to do and kill or almost kill their family. sad, just sad. im afraid we will get a lot more reports of this kind of stupidity before the year is out. hopefully those reports will have people that are lucky enough to be saved by our fine men and women at the rescue services.

14. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    It happened at 2:45 am, I doubt they had been fishing.

15. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    probably three sheets under the wind:eek:oooh:

16. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    i agree poor kids what a dumb ass that guy was and as far as the other boaters i have an idea of what they were doin

17. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

Some people are unbelievable :eek:oooh:

18. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I seen a guy once with 2 kids on board a pontoon. There was a boy about 7-8 years old sitting dead center of the pontoon in the front with his feet hanging over and the guy was under power. The waves were slapping the kids feet. If he leaned forward just a little, or hit a wake he'd be in the water. Wanna take a guess what would have happened if he fell in? I pulled up next to the guy and gave him a piece of my mind. At first I told him it was'nt a good idea that the boy could fall in and get eaten by the prop. he said he does it all the time, he's fine. I ended up cussing him out and calling the game warden and the staff at the boat dock. I've never seen such stupidity. If you want to risk your own life so be it. It's your own ass. But when you endanger kids like that it pisses me off to no end.

19. Fishhead1

Fishhead1 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Eric
    Holiday weekend, 2 am? 3 sheets is probably conservative. Wonder if they got ticketed...does Missouri have DUIs for boating?

20. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri

Yes, and the BA limit is now the same as for a car (it used to be higher)