Anyone have a magic fix for this?

Discussion in 'Boat Repair Help' started by Stainless, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Stainless

Stainless Member

State:
    Ft Smith, AR
  2. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    id say you are . did you drop an anchor on it or what ? and no i dont think i know or would even guess how to fix it sorry wish i could help

3. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    You could try popping up the broken piece ruff up it and the surrounding plastic with some coarse sand paper so you see deep scratches. Cover the area of the crack with JB Weld.
    I have successfully fixed plastic with JB Weld before so that is what I would try.

4. Stainless

Stainless Member

State:
    Ft Smith, AR
    I just got done doing the monthly charge and I put it back in my storage building. After I bent over to put it down and came back up, I hit my head on my tree lounge tree stand and it fell directly down on the battery and my brand new Stihl chainsaw! Luckily I didn't hurt the chainsaw other than getting a little bit of acid on it. But I do believe the battery is a gonner. I pulled the piece of plastic out like Dave L suggested and I can see where it also damaged the cells on the inside. They were bubbling so I stuck it in an old ice chest so I can dispose of it at work tomorrow.

Well anyone suggest a different kind of battery since I'm on the market? The only thing it's used for is to start my 25 horse Evinrude and to run a trolling motor.

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Maybe try carrying it back for an exchange? Those things should be prorated.

6. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Even if it's not warranty worthy, it would save ya the core charge ta take it in...Sorry bout yer luck. We've all been there.
    :angry:

7. last chance

last chance New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I've sucessfuly fixed a battery case by taking a piece of plastic large enough to cover it all around useing a liquid plastic materal called weldit I got at walmart in the paint dept.and treat the edges and then cover over the repair again and let it cure 24 hrs. I did this to a golf cart bat. that was damaged on the side and it held up til the battery died of old age.

8. Stainless

Stainless Member

State:
    Ft Smith, AR
    They replaced it since it had a lifetime warranty on it. Props to AutoZone.

9. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    I had to keep all my companys equp.running(62 counting trucks and pickups ect) and I was changing batterys a lot till I started buying them from Auto Zone.I've never had a problem with a Duralast battery and that's all I buy for my 4runner and van and I've had the same one in my boat for 4 years.

10. Houdini

Houdini New Member

State:
    Maryland
    I advise people to buy, Drycell batteries. They cost a bit more, but you get what you pay for.. Longer lasting, more powerful. Good luck

11. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    I used several types of deep cycle batteries on my boat (24 volt trolling motor) and about 2 to 3 years was the time I could get out of them before they started going down hill. The last set I bought was from Auto Zone and they lasted 5 years. Replaced them this year with another set of Duralasts.