Anyone gotten a divorce

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SGTREDNECK, Aug 5, 2009.

1. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Anyone gotten a divorce before? How much did it end up costing you all together when all was done? I am going through one right now and its going to end up costing me 7000. 5 grand to the money grubbing WH#@$.:angry: And another 2000 for the sticky fingered lawyer. But I do get to keep my house, truck and boat, and all my hunting and fishing stuff. I would like to know who comes up with these laws about divorce. Whoever came up with these TN laws must not have been thinking straight. And I get to keep my dog! I had already given up on keeping him, buy now she doesnt want him. She just wants money. I have only been married 4 years. No kids. but she still has me by the balls. I am going on a war path when i get home, to get these laws reviewed and changed. Sorry to waste ya'lls time here. But i guess i just needed to vent before i explode. The price of my freedom............7 grand:smile2:

2. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    At Least your gettin the dog and all your Gear :big_smile:

3. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    good luck man! ive seen some pretty nasty, expensive divorces... but ive also seen one that cost both parties about $60, and took about 2 weeks to be final!

4. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    thats prolly cheap price to get rid of her if she is anything like mine:wink:, but the laws do suck, i came out of mine ok but that was 20 some years ago, i got out with the house the cars the kids and the money lol, best of luck and hope it all works out ok

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Andrew,you should have gone the smart route like I did on my FIRSTand used a PRO SE divorce,you go get a copy of someone elses divorce decree from the county courthouse[names are deleted for obviouse reasons] type it the way you want it and present it to the judge. way cheaper that way,Mine cost 100.00 and change. The second was a simple dissolution we had been married only 3 yrs ,and had been seperated for all of it but nine months,that ended costing around 3 grand.:sad2::sad2:

6. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I won't go into the gory details.

Divorce is something that is in the law. What everyone gets when it happens is determined by the law. Folks get lawyers to handle things because the lawyer can lie better, and knows the law. Most folks don''t have time to do the research and know what its all about.

I know a guy who just got thru one, problem is he is concerned about his kid, and his wife is only concerned about money. He just wanted to get it taken care of but his wife wanted to make it difficult, and so even if he suggests things that would be in her best interest she will not go that way so actually he is coming out better.

7. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    i went through one a few years back. it is one of the most stressful moments in a guys life. in a lot of states there isnt much justice. a guys pretty much at the mercy of the woman. i got lucky and she decided not to take my stuff, but i also didnt have any stuff anymore, cause she already made me get rid of most of it.
    if your in the military, you should have some kind of legal service to help you. we have navy legal in the navy and they have helped me with a lot of stuff.
    good luck to ya.

8. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    I do not mean this as ugly but sounds to me you are getting off lucky/cheap....On mine we were married 17 years she got 1/2 my retirement.I had to pay for the house until my son turned 18, all the bills and 15,000 in alimoney plus 750.00 a month child support. But I was not to mad I got rid of one cheating, low down, money grabin B(*&H.

9. rclark

rclark New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Damn, you got everything:eek:oooh::eek:oooh: Is she still alive???:big_smile::big_smile::smile2:

10. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    LOL, you are getting off easy. I know guys that have lost well over 100 grand.

11. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I've never gotten a divorce.........because I've never been married :wink:.

12. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I told my wife that if we ever divorce, my next wife is gonna have to have a boat, LOL.

Sorry about all your troubles, and I hope you are doing well. I'll say a little prayer for ya just in case ; )

13. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Smart man!

14. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Man, I have to tell you divorce proceedings really suck but I guess I was very lucky! Myself and the ex was together 8 years, she filed for divorce on Dec. 23rd 2004, it was final June 24th 2005... I got my personal belongings, and that was it. I pay child support and that is it, the divorce didnt cost me a penny, I didnt have representation on my behalf, but her company paid for her side of it.

Be thankful you dont have children involved, but I will say my ex just learned a valuable lesson on child support and how much she makes at her job... Lets just say she makes 19k more than I do, and the state recognized this! They offered me a reduction on my child support, and completely wiped out all back support they say I owed to her.

I couldnt be happier that she filed, especially knowing she was cheating on me with her boss. Glad to have her gone!

Good Luck with yours Sgt!!!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  15. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    DO YOU KNOW WHY DIVOCE IS SO EXPENSIVE? THEY ARE WORTH IT.:smile2:

16. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Lol :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2: Lol

17. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    You can't fix stupid.

18. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Long story short, got divorced back in '97, both of us were in the military. I was ETSing. She hit me with papers, I rented a 6x12 uhaul loaded it with everything except her clothes and welcome mat and headed off into the sunset. Her cost for the papers is still unknown, sorry couldn't help that much.:big_smile:

19. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    Two choices; Pay the money or do 25 to life.

20. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas

hey Andrew !!!

welcome to the Club, you are now a paying member, in good standing.

got mine in 1995, Cost me $10,000 and took in the shorts , to boot. :roll_eyes::smile2:

been nearly 15 years now and I will (((NEVER))) make that mistake again, she will have to own a Bait Shop and a Sporting Goods Store,
    plus a Boat Dealership, before I will consider it again !!!!!

good luck :smile2::smile2::smile2: