Anyone got night river fishing ideas ????

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by target33, Mar 21, 2008.

1. target33

target33 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    hello fellow okies! just moved from texas bout a year now and new member to the site. been gone 15 years and glad to be back. I have 2 young ones that love to go fishing for cats at night w/me but we don't have a boat (yet) and I can't seem to find a spot like we had on the brazos river in texas. I have been to Lake Hefner, Chickasha, Guthrie, Liberty, Arcadia. Mind you I probably haven't found the best areas there but I need some help finding some decent bank fishing.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Chris, there is not really good bank areas around here. Right now, the best lakes for cats seems to be Arcadia, in this area of the state. They caught a 31 and 64 pound blue off the dam at Guthrie Lake within the past two weeks using fresh shad. You need to hurry up and get your 10 posts so we can shoot some pm's and I'll jaw awhile on fishing around here. One thing you possibly should try to do is to attend the Keystone VI gathering this year. Its 83 miles from my house at Guthrie Lake. There will be a lot of catmen from OK, TX, LA, AR,MS, KS and other states in attendance. You'll meet quite a few of the people that's on this board all the time. You don't have to come for the entire weekend if you don't like, just drive up Saturday, May 31 (I believe it is) to visit and share some vitals. Its easy to get there from Guthrie. As I said, when you get your 10 posts, shoot me a pm.

3. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Welcome, Chris!

Welcome to the BOC!

I Always got ideas about fishing... and night fishing is my summertime favorite. If you find yourself east-bound on I-40 sometime, Stop by Gore and we'll jaw awhile and fish the Arkansas River. Bring the family and camp out on the banks of the Illinois River below Tenkiller Lake... it's just a mile away from the house...:smile2:

Y'all Come!

4. target33

target33 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    thanks for the replies, I will get my 10 posts done so I can pm. How do I find out more about the gathering at Keystone? it sure does sound like a lot of fun!

5. target33

target33 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Sorry to those that have pm'd me, I am trying to get my 10 posts in so I can reply....almost there:wink:

6. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Chris, there are some nice blues and flatheads in the north canadian. it is a long river in this area, and if you look around a little i am sure you can find a decent bank spot.

get around the shawnee area give me a shout and we'll look at some places:big_smile:

7. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    hey tkish new member. i live around the coweta area. don't have ten posts yet but i was wondering if you could give some wintertime tips for wintertime fishing above kerr lake. ive heard some good things about that place. have boat. is fresh shad hard to get there?

8. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Randy...

If I haven't done so yet, Welcome to the BOC!

Wintertime fishing in Oklahoma is essentially over until November. The easy Trophy Season is past... now if you want to catch the big girls, you have to work at it... or fish with me.

Like every other body of water, shad is where you find it. There are shad available year around on the Arkansas River for those who know how to find it. Check out my website for lots of tips and gimme a call.

Bring your boat down and I'll gladly fish with you... or we can use my boat. You can learn more about catfishing in the Arkansas River in one day fishing with me than you can figure out by yourself in a year. No brag... just fact.

9. nwemerson

nwemerson New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'm new to this forum. I too was away from OK for years and have recently returned. I'm not as aquainted with the central part of the state but in the east below thre dams the trailwaters and rivers offer great catfishing from the bank. Good luck.

10. swampratt

swampratt Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Albert the river near you is my favorite spot to fish ..Under the high line wires below the dam at webber falls.. worth the drive ..

11. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Noel, Jeff... welcome to the B.O.C. You need to quit talking about fishing and get out and do some now. I grant you eastern Oklahoma is the best part of the state. Even with the price of gasoline what it is today, if your gonna fool around fishng, you might as well go to where its best.

12. swampratt

swampratt Member

State:
    oklahoma
    OH i am going ,as soon as i get these stitches out of my hand on tuesday..my first stop maybe wednesday or tues. will be kaw tail waters ,,nothing there then gibson ....back in the early 90's i was at webber-falls below the dam every tues. and wed.
    The fish taste better out of a big river ..I remember throwing rocks on the ice to break it up so it would go down stream.

13. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Swampratt,, NWEmerson, Randy... as soon as the floodwaters go down, beat feet and we'll go catch some.

My boat's fixed, the castnets are sewed back up and I gotta tankfull of that expensive Arab Ransom.

Let's Go Fishin!

14. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    welcome to the boc, good luck at the river