Anyone got any yet?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by mississippi man, Apr 22, 2007.

1. mississippi man

mississippi man New Member

State:
    Godfrey, Illino
    Just wanting to know if any one has caught any this year, fishing has been tough for me so far I got a nice 10lb channel, was using a quantum 6'6'' rod and a garcia 6000 but that has been it so far besides bait. What have you netted this year? What was your rig?

2. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Been out twice this year, including yesterday.. The river above Alton is real low and running like a striped ape.. Current is too strong to get anchor to hold.. I had a few small bites yesterday, but no takers.. I was going back out today but will wait till they close the gates some at Alton..

3. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Not much luck for me, either. I've only been able to go twice. Once the weather stabilizes fishing should improve(I hope!).

4. Wyocatman

Wyocatman New Member

State:
    Centralia, Illinois
    25lb channel on shad heads. Have done very well on the channel in the last month. Would do alot better if there werent so many people. Haha. Really want to try Baldwin sometime because Carlyle getting overrun again. Hope you have better luck this summer

Dru

5. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    During the warmer months Baldwin is good, but at the south end where the water intake is. Unfortunately, I don't have a boat, so we hit Baldwin during the winter and fish the north hot water area which is accessible by foot. You are right - the crowds at Carlyle are ridiculous during the summer, especially at the spillway. I may try the main lake riprap near Boulder.

6. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    NO.... and the fishin' sucks too...:big_smile:

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Those who race through life finish first. (Darrel Hunsbedt)

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Not fishing yet. I am spending this slow time gathering bait. Just for an update, I was at Kentucky dam and Barkley dam yesterday and the Skipjacks were moving in. Fair at Ky and Great at Barkley. So get out and get some bait. Vacumn Seal it and it will last all summer. Good Luck.:lol: :lol:

8. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I've been out twice, if I catch 6 more I'll have half a dozen..

9. TONTO

TONTO New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Went friday on the big muddy near murphysboro. Used live shad caught a 4lb flathead and a 30lb blue water temp 56. Saturday wife went along she caught an 8lb blue while I caught a 5lb flathead water temp. 58. Things are looking up.

10. mississippi man

State:
    Godfrey, Illino
    Caught the biggest thing in my life, a teenager in a big boat decided to play a game and see how close he could come to the shore and not get stuck needless to say one of my lines found his prop, guess it doesn't count since I did not net him or the boat!

11. mitch101

mitch101 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    We've been fishing the river in southern Wi. the whole month of April and doing great in the 1-5 pound department. I stumbled across this sight and joined yesterday. This year I'm hoping to start cathing bigger fish. From what I've read so far I believe I can learn a lot here to help in reaching that goal. The rivers are up but the fish are biteing.
    Mitch:big_smile:

12. gebs

gebs New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Been out twice, this Saturday will make the 3rd time.

So far I've got 18 in the boat between 1-4 lb. Average being 2-2.5 lb.

No complaints here, they're spawning and very active.

13. mississippi man

State:
    Godfrey, Illino
    Went out to Carlyle. Fished below the dam, all the fish were very active. Didn't get any cats. First time using a boat below the dam. Caught 2 big drum. The shad were very active by the boat ramp making it very easy to get bait. Went to lavish's bait shop. He told me to try leaches and green night crawlers. We did in the main lake and did not have any luck there either. Saw two older gentleman catching blues on minnows.
    That evening went out below alton dam and used fresh shad from there, tried nightcrawlers and leeches with no luck.

14. BigGreen

BigGreen New Member

State:
    IL

Attached Files:

15. mississippi man

State:
    Godfrey, Illino

I got a couple. The one above is a hybrid stripper @ #7.4, The one below is a channel ! #5.5, nothin to write the President about but fun to catch![/quote]
    Where did you go?

16. firefighteremtb78

firefighteremtb78 New Member

State:
    IL
    I went to carlyle and fished below the dam and had some pretty good luck on catfish. Then this boat decideds to come up and get caught in my line. Really what is the purpose of bringing a boat up the river there to fish below the dam? Its not like its 2 miles wide. I kept casting over to other side of the bank with no problem. I think there are way to many people that fish the banks there to even think about bringing a boat up there. The same goes to those bass fisherman. They have a $13,000 boat and they still insist on gettin close to shore and fishing towards more. :0a9:

17. mississippi man

State:
    Godfrey, Illino
    I take a boat up there because I don't like to fight for space and I don't like people crowding me out. Seems like less snags too.

18. BigCatDreaming

BigCatDreaming New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I've got some 3-4lbs out of a pond one night, but as far as the river fishing goes....I mine as well throw on some corn and catch carp because I've sat out for hours at night without a single hit

19. BigGreen

BigGreen New Member

State:
    IL
    Where did you go?[/quote]

Bloomington lake.

20. sigmaman1

sigmaman1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    HEY WHAT POND DO U GO TO WHAT PAT OF ILLINOIS