anyone got a heavy duty puter chair???

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by JERMSQUIRM, Jan 13, 2008.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well i had one dump me over backwards into my rabbit feed last week and this other old one is wollering out, got about 45 degree movement in all directions now. wont be lon before it dumps me out,lol. any one got some 1/4 box tubing and welding skills to make me a heavy duty one. im under 300, not a lot but under. need help soon before i donk my head.lol.
    looks like spring will be diet time or ill have to sit on a tree stump or floor.:cry:

guess i need to get out and do some squirrel hunting soon. i usually walk 3-4 miles on a good hunt.

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I could make ya one ,Buddy . But it would be High dollar,:smile2: Might cost ya materials an a couple six packs

3. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    look on the staples web site and seach for heavy duty swivel office chair real nice and a reasonable price

4. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    If you want the best and most comfortable, get a Lazy Boy. Expensive, yes, but very well worth it. We've had this one since 97, still looks and sits like new.

Most used chair in the house, I guarantee!! :big_smile:

Attached Files:

5. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Hey Dayton, at my ol job, had a manager, said you had to "be one", to have a nice chair like that.....Only management level could have a high back chair.
    :smile2:
    We had dispatchers, sat in chairs all day, monitoring the gas system and operations, and he turned down their request for decent chairs on that basis.
    They were supervisors, but you had to be "management" to get the high back units.
    Last I heard he's still a legend in his own mind.
    :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Gary,
    Well, I didn't always have a high back chair at work. Check out the 1964 picture. May not recognize that youngster but it's me. :eek:oooh: :smile2:

As much time as I spent at this computer I've got to have a good chair. :wink:

Attached Files:

7. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Dang Dayton...... Here when I thought I was getting old. I hadn't been over crapping my pants for too long when that pic was taken. LMAO!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

8. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Bro., the setting just does not look right. You don't have nothing out of place, no copy paper laying around to write everybodies name or handle down. No coffee or tea cup, no ash tray, no exposed wires and your chair is so shiny it hurt my eyes. :smile2:

9. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Darryl, you're still just a young'un. :wink:

Mac, it doesn't look like that normally... I assure you!

Normally there is a good supply of notes, junk, candy wrappers, empty bowls, cups, glasses, etc. and more etc. :smile2:

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    looks like a government missle silo tec,.

that looks more like the chair i need dayton, is it still around?:big_smile:

the lazyboy. might be a little over kill for my application. my puter is next to the wood stove in my shop where i do my taxidermy.

11. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    No Jeremy, that chair probably wore out years ago. That control room is no longer used. The plant had 3 control rooms back then. Today theres only one new one, it's a darken room with some guys sitting in front of computer screens.
    I visited there couple years ago. So many new people but still several I knew. :big_smile:

Your shop looks right cozy with that wood stove. Neat shot!

12. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    There goes Dayton sporting a flat top again.:smile2:
    I've heard its a commanding haircut.