Anyone got a bait for highwater?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by jerellman, Jun 3, 2006.

1. jerellman

jerellman New Member

State:
    CA
    Hi, i am going fishing sunday and the water in the lake i fish is higher than normal right now. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on baits for this situation, any siggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance!

P.S.

The weather will be from about 70-78 degrees farenheight and partly cloudy from dawn till noon after that itll be sunny the reast of the day. The wind will be blowing from 10-20 mph NW.

2. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    From my experience when the water is high and murky, the more odor your bait gives off, usually the better. I've had great success on stuff like cut bait and chicken livers during high water. Just try and fish closer to shore, don't try and wing it way out where it might be too deep at the moment. The fish will follow the depth they like.

3. jerellman

jerellman New Member

State:
    CA
    Thanks, ill go to the grocery store later today to get some chicken livers.

4. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    I have found the best bait to be the right spot. high water gets the fish to moving something terrible around me anyways.

5. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    If you have a favorite spot by all means give it a try. If you're not having any luck, I'd recommend moving to what would be under normal conditions, the shallow end of the lake. Especially if you still have some overcast clouds put them to work for you. Blood & fish oil/cut bait, should be considered as a primary bait.
    Don

6. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    I f the water is going up you might try some live bait where a feeder creek runs in to the lake . Try crawlers or hellgrimites if you can get them

SEE YOU ON THE FISH BANK AT THE NATIONAL GATHERING