Anyone good for a road trip for big Blue Catfish?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by Rcaarizona, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Just thought I would put this out there, The Texas BOC is having a gathering at Lake Tawakoni from December 4-6. There are cabins available on the Lake for 40 a night. I am definately going. This lake is Home to many Blue cat monsters. If anyone wants to go, lets plan it. I figure drive there (about 18 hours), on Thursday, Fish Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and either leave Sunday and get back on Monday, or leave Monday early morning and get back monday late night. We can work out the logistics later on. Just throwing it out there for anyone that wants to join me. I lived in TX for five years and the cat fishing there is phenominal, and time to add a few blues to the album. If anyone wants to go, I figure we will rent a boat, or hook up with a great friend of mine out there who fishes the lake regulary. Let me know!

2. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    1107.5 miles to lake marina according to map quest Its about a 16hr drive from my house. That can be one heck of roadtrip! Maybe I'll ask my wife if we can cancel Xmas this year so I can go fishing with rob.lol!

3. jasonhumble7

jasonhumble7 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Good luck with that G!:wink:

4. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Perhaps Gilbert, if you reached deep into your wifes purse, and yanked out your balls, you can have Christmas AND fishing in TX both !!! LMAO:big_smile::smile2: If Jason comes along he can take over your wifes role for one weekend!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  5. jasonhumble7

jasonhumble7 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    No rob, you got a pretty mouth, you can take that position.:crazy:

6. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    NOW wait a sec........What man tells another man that they have a prety mouth? I think I have been on your mind a lil too much lately LoL, you going to TX Jason or what/

7. jasonhumble7

jasonhumble7 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I would love to go but where i work its all about senority and on day shift to get time off in december you have to have at least 10 years in. Not even close. Still waiting for ya to give me a time for upper salt though bro?

8. bigfisher17

bigfisher17 New Member

State:
    arizona
    now this sounds like a fun trip!!!but i cant go i will be out of the country until january

9. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    We have the trip planned already, but we are going to my fav spot, next week. ill give you the days. all im waiting on is brianthelions days off, cause that crazy fireman schedule. ill call you though

10. jasonhumble7

jasonhumble7 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Rob, first i have heard of it. If you can try to plan it on a tues night or wedn night. Those are the only nights that will work for me. I have to go back to work on friday. Give me a call when you figure it out.:cool2:

11. cat-tracker

cat-tracker New Member

State:
    arizona
    Rob, thanks for offering the fishing trip, sounds like a hell of a good time. I will probably be in the midwest doing the the extended thanksgiving thing with family, but surely I will try to wet my lines there.

12. AZBADBOYCATFISH

AZBADBOYCATFISH New Member

State:
    PHOENIX ARIZONA
    good post trip sounds great, wish i could make it but cant. maybe if gil cancels xmas he can take us both so tell your lady sucka, so we could hook up some blue cats.

13. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona
    tues or wed night work best for me too..

14. ragincajun19

ragincajun19 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Sounds like a good time to me and the time of year is great for me too, pencil me in for a hell yeah lets do this!!! I have never caught a blue.

15. jasonhumble7

jasonhumble7 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    You and me both overkil. Hopefully it works for them to.:big_smile:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  16. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Cool there is two of us (ragin & myself), I have room for two more. I will reserve the cabin for four on Oct. 1.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  17. jasonhumble7

jasonhumble7 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    No rob, overkil and i were talking about tues, and wedns night working for us to fish. For next weeks trip!:eek:oooh:

18. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Im talking about me and ragin dude. I know we are going out next week LoL

19. jasonhumble7

jasonhumble7 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Sweet dude, let me know

20. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona
    did brian get his schedule figured out for next week?