Anyone going to the Fred Hall Show

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by riverbud55, Mar 6, 2009.

1. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Anyone headed out to the Fred Hall show in Long Beach this weekend? I'll be there Saturday with my new BOC t shirt on:wink:, going to look at some bait tanks and who knows what all, ah think I'll have to keep the spending down little this year, don't think I need another boat:confused2:, but then again:smile2:

2. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I was going to go but not this year. Really nothing I need from the show, plus with about 1500 going into my boat at the shops and all the other upgrades I need, it took the interest out for me. I am keeping spending down too with all the massive lay offs happening in the districts across the state. I am keeping my fingers crossed for that and already have my plans out of state if that happens to me. So I am keeping my fingers crossed with this down economy as the governator screwed everything up budget wise including the IOU; killed my annual March spending for me. :eek:oooh:

3. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Want a free pass? just to the right of the ticket window you'll see a booth for United Anglers. Join up and they will give you free admission along with a goodie bag.
    UASC fights to protect our access to fishing grounds and supports grow out programs like the UASC/Edison white sea bass program that has raised and released more than one million tagged white sea bass into our local ocean.

4. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Hey Tom ya know the price to join UA, isn't it just like $5 or $10 more then the price of admission?:confused2:

Scott going to get there about the same time as you(and everyone else:smile2:) I'll also have on my black Catmando hat:wink:got support the cat man(Ronson)

Hey Brian talking to Bill the other day and was telling me about he saw on your site that ya had a little problem with the wheel coming off the boat trailer:crazy::sad2::confused2:, was it a wheel bearing/hub coming off the axle or did someone not get the lug nuts tight when had the tires changed out, sorry to here about all the bad luck dude , just get it ready for the river dude:wink: them flats are starting to show down there, dude had a couple small flats (5 and 8lb.or so) down at b&b last weekend said he got on the canal that b&b is on just down stream

5. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Yeah Dale on the way back from Otay a few weeks ago the entire tire and rim
    came off of the hub. The lug nuts was still in tact . Good thing was it happened as I was getting off fwy in San Diego getting something to eat and gas. It would have been a mess if it happend on the hwy. Had to get a flatbed tow to Boat depot by the ocean in SD. Insurance took care of that but boat out of comission with them ordering parts for the trailor. I am getting a full boat service while its there including motor so just taking care of everything while its there, including a new fish finder. Getting teh bimini top at a spot in montclair too and custom cover so all my Fred Hall show money went into the b.o.a.t - bust out another thousand. :sad2:

6. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Dale, this is the basics, addmission to the show is $15 and a 1 year UASC membership is $40. You get a goodie bag with coupons and other things worth more than the membership costs.
    There more advanced memberships available.

GREAT MEMBERSHIP DEALS AND EXCITING OFFERS ON THE TABLE
    AT 2009 FRED HALL SHOWS

Fred Hall & Associates and United Anglers of Southern California are teaming up for the most exciting UASC membership drive ever. At the upcoming 2009 Fred Hall Fishing Tackle & Boat Shows in Long Beach and Del Mar, anglers will be able to sign up or extend their UASC memberships and get free admission to the show - a $15 value. This has always been a popular option for recreational fishermen to support UASC's important work while saving some serious coin on their favorite fishing show.

This year, however, anglers will see some exciting new twists. Anglers who sign up or extend a Regular One-Year UASC membership ($40) will also receive $40 $50 worth of vouchers to be used like cash on merchandise purchased from participating retail vendors at the show. So anglers can get in the show free - then save an amount equal to the annual membership cost when they buy rods, reels and accessories during the show (already on sale at discounted prices).

Those who sign up for a regular One-Year Family Membership ($60) get all these things, plus a second free admission to the show. Anglers can also sign up for a One-Year Advanced Membership ($70) which adds to the package a quality embroidered UASC hat (a $15 value) and a raffle ticket for a special $1000 fishing tackle shopping spree (more on this later).

7. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
  8. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    As you know from reading my posts over the last couple of years I have long been a member and promoter of UASC.
    They are one group that tries to work within what has to be some type of compromise area between the sport fishermen, commercial fishermen and the the F&G.
    They have not in the past taken an all or nothing attitude which in most instances end up with nothing.