anyone going to Rend Lake this weekend

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by freeburgtrapper, Jul 16, 2008.

1. freeburgtrapper

freeburgtrapper New Member

State:
    freeburg,illinois
    going camping at rend lake this weekend, wanted to take the boat but i dont think im going to get the wife to pull it while i pull the camper. are there any good spots to fish the bank. im a Rend Lake virgin.
    matt

2. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I will be going either late Friday night, or very early Saturday morning. I am going to have a couple kids with me, putting in some jugs, maybe if I get them put together in time, and drifting the Gun Creek area. Ill be in a blue and white basscat bass boat with 2 kids, if you see me say hi. As far as fishing from the bank, that kinda depends on where you are camping and what is close. The rip rap off of 154 has always done well for me from the bank, as well as along 37 crossing Gun Creek. Hope this helps. If I had room on the boat I would give you a lift, or a drift.....

3. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    me and aaron may go friday evening, and im definitly goin saturday.

4. freeburgtrapper

State:
    freeburg,illinois
    we are going to camp at the north sandusky area. i keep a look out for ya. gonna be tought to get away from the three kids and wife but i might get lucky.

5. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

State:
    IL.
    Matt, I camp at North Sandusky and fish from the bank often. Some of my favorite spots are off the points of the first three loops, 3rd is maybe best , off the rocks at the boat dock. There is entertainment value at the boat dock, it is amazing how big an ordeal people can make out of launching and loading a boat. Also the south east corner of the boat dock parking lot has a gap in the trees that is good. Off the point at Hickory loop are several brush piles in the water full of Blue Gill, they will come into that area to feed, it is a fairly shallow flat that works better after sundown. Good Luck.

6. freeburgtrapper

State:
    freeburg,illinois
    i saw those brush piles Don. wanted bad to get there and fish but we were down at Shagbark and there is no good lake spots from that one. told the wife next time we are going to stay there but she worries about the youngest boy that close to the water. i also saw the gap hole at the boat ramp and told my oldest boy we could go there also.
    thanks Matt