Anyone going out today?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by s_man, Feb 6, 2008.

1. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I'm gonna drive out to the Dillon spillway for a bit then up to Ellis. Anyone else heading out today? I'll keep an eye out for ya LOL.

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    skip, i can't get out till after 4'oclock...thought about calling you to see if you wanted to go get some shad possibly before dark, but thats prob. too late for you...let me know how you do, or better yet bring me some:smile2::wink: rollo

3. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Good luck Skip. Let us know how you did.

4. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    You're nuts! Have you seen that river today?

Good luck man, I wanted to get the boat out, but I couldn't find my ramp lol!

(Under water)

5. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Man you guys must be getting some serious rain there:crazy:. Skip i will go with you just swing by and pick me up lol.....I might be able to give you $10 or so for gas.:big_smile::wink:

6. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    skip we went out for about 3 hours last nite, had some bites and a few runs but no fish, oh well wasnt too bad an evening, better than setting in the house any time, good luck to ya

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i got a late start after the wife got home from work to relieve my fatherly duties:smile2: didn't get to meet skip out at the lake, but he did call...he caught......:eek:oooh::roll_eyes: I will let him post!! I did however go try to get some shad, and was gonna fish some highwater spots... ended up getting no shad, rained on with wind that felt like 80 miles an hour!!! NO LIE! And, took some pic.s of some areas for one of my other threads...once again,,, not a good couple hours! rollo

8. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    That was one He!! of a squall! I wondered about you two. I was at the lot and whew!!! Better you than me bro!

C'mon Skippy where are you? What'd you get?

9. E.T.

E.T. New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would love to head out . . . If I could find the bank in all this high water i prob. would! LOL :smile2:

10. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I stood out in the driving rain up in the dillon backwaters and caught 4 small channels 1 to 3 lbs. I tried 7 different spots all the way out 146 to the bridge near the sportsmans area. All fish were caught just upstream from the beach a mile or so.

11. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just look around - EVERYWHERE is a bank!! Drove down to Newark this morning... been a while since I've seen all the creeks and streams this high... I even saw ducks swimmin' in a cornfield!

12. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    That river has got to be crazy up that way, the ohio river is raging right now like something you see on the national geographic channel!:embarassed::eek:oooh::angry:

13. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    it is travis, I took some pic.s yesterday for another thread in the river talk. im gonna go out today and take some more, if i can get close enough. lol.. it was coming up hard last night still...rollo

14. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yeah man I bet, I hope the Ohio crest sometime this weekend and heads back down, I have to work this weekend, so hopefully by next weekend its fishable. I havent even gotten that boat wet yet!:sad2::smile2:

15. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i just checked the prediction site, they changed it from yesterday, it appears the river isn't gonna get as high as once thought. :roll_eyes: might just get to put the boat in after all...rollo