Anyone going out to get bait on Wateree Fri. for the Sat tourney?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by harper81, Jan 28, 2009.

1. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    If you are would it be possible for me to ride along? I will pay for gas or whatever. It appears I will be fishing in the tourney too and need to collect bait. I will bring and throw my own net, I just need to get to the shad schools. I took the day off work Friday and would rather take a boat ride to the bait rather than search the boat ramps for them. Thanks in advance for anyone that an help me out.

2. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    You know Bill that you can throw around the boat ramps and piers there at the landing and catch all the bait you need. I've done it several times. Early is best, before daybreak I mean. Any pier with a light on it will draw bait fish. I wish I was going but work is callin. :crazy:

3. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    Thats whats most likely going to happen. Last winter I found bait around the docks right at sunset. I just figured if someone was going out anyway i could tag along. No worries though...I have got the master plan in place.:smile2: