Anyone going out this weekend?

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Rohaus, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    Since the river has dropped to normal levels I was wondering if anyone was going to give it a try. I think my fishing partner and I are going out tonite to put some jugs out. I don't know if the water dropping this quick will have them turned off or not, but thought we would give it a try. I will post a report tommorrow.

2. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Probably not going to go out this weekend....

Sam (gonefishing) is coming up to my house saturday morning and we are going to pour some sinkers.

My boat is down right now and needs work so if I get a chance to go it will be from the bank but I don's see that happening here as the ouchita river is still way too high here for bank fishing.

3. mudcat55

mudcat55 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    big tourney to night on the muskingum here in ohio you bet your sweet behind ill be out there prolly wont leave the wate runtil sunday morning sometime

4. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    i sure would like to be on the river here this weekend but it is still about 11 ft too high for any good fishing. they're saying that it will be up like this til after the 4th of july holiday. :sad2:

5. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Got out yesterday and stopped by Rising Star park. Wind was blowing pretty good. Myself and angelkitty drove the levy down to huffs Island. You can still get into Huffs island and fish at the dam. just no campgrounds or boat ramps anymore. We fished for a while there with no luck. The water was rolling thru the dam and was still a little high. We stopped off at regional Park on the way back and fished for a while. No Luck there either! Will try somewhere else later this week.

Steve, you get ready to go, hollar at me and we will see what we can do!

6. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Going to take my grandson to the lake for some bluegill fishin tommorow, he is 3 so it should be interesting:big_smile: All day its been " go fishin on papa's boat" Gonna restring his spiderman pole in the mornin, see if I can get his attention long enough to hold the spool. :smile2::wink:

7. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Good morning !

The Current River is flooded again also, they got a lot of rain up in Missouri on Monday, so it looks like a mud ball,and out of its banks.

I may try and make a trip to Lake St.Charles,and pick up a few Shad.

cliff

8. Shep

Shep New Member

State:
    Lamar Arkansas
    The wife and I got back yesterday from 14 days of camping at piney bay. We caught some nice 3 to 5 pounders on noodles at night and a few in the morning on poles. We had a lot to eat and brought 3 gallon of frozen fish home.

9. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    We went out last night and put the jugs out, we came home with 18 eaters. Not too bad of a night.

Attached Files:

10. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    nice mess of fish steve----nice boat too

11. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Hey Steve

Right on

Glad to see someone is catching fish:confused2:

nice boat

cliff

12. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I am grounded this weekend been sick for days :0a30: got a shot in the A$$ thursday :eek:oooh: with a 10 day supply of anti-biotics:tounge_out: Had me down pretty good...got training in Little rock all next week so i will be ready to go next weekend hopefully....That was a good catch for the summer time 18 blues:wink:

13. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Big Sam, you know you should not of ate those moon pies with baitboat:smile2: Summer flu? Hope you get to feeling better bud. Steve Nice catch on those eaters, Good lookin boat too...... Shep, Did you catch your fish up in piney bay or out on the river? We stayed at piney last year for a day or two but I always ran out to the river..

14. vetrock

vetrock New Member

State:
    ar
    I sat out 3 trotlines in the Saline River. I tied them down yesterday evening as deep as I could reach.

I took them up today, and had to stand up to reach the line as the river fell out.

I caught 3 catfish, and cleaned several crappie and perch while trying to catch bait for the line.

One was a 12 lb flathead. He hit a 1/2 lb "mud cat" that I had caught in a farm pond Thursday.

15. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    by "mudcat" I assume your talking about a bullhead?? Yea, flatheads love those bullheads. Most excellent bait. Congrats on your success.

16. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
  17. rookie cat

rookie cat New Member

State:
    ok
    I want to thank everyone for there help. I went out Friday afternoon at 2:30 and caught a limit of fish by 4:30. Nothing fancy just secret 7 on a flat off a small tributary off the river in the Ft. Smith area. Went back Saturday with my brother and a friend and it was a little slower we caught 10 from noon to about 5 pm. We fished in about 2-3 foot of water. I am new to all of this , a true rookie. I am hooked and I now want to try this jugging method sometime. The fish were 2-3 pounds perfect eating size. Thanks again guys.

18. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    kyle it sounds like your rookie status wont last long. congrats on a great fishing trip. that secret 7 is some good stuff. if you decide to go after the bigger cats though you might try some fresh cut shad or skipjack. those bigger fish dont do stinkbait much.

19. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Hello Kyle and welcome to the BOC

I just joined not long ago myself, it is a lot of fun here and I have picked up some good information plus meeting some great people.

Way to go ,!!!!!!

cliff

20. vetrock

vetrock New Member

State:
    ar
    yep, i didn't know a "mud cat" was actually appropriately called a bullhead to a couple of years ago.

I have a farm pond full of them. I caught 9 the other day using crickets trying to catch perch. Know I'll go after them next time with worms or stink bait.