Anyone going out on the Mis. tomorrow night?

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Ol Swampy, May 15, 2008.

1. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    I can't take the high water any longer! Am going to try and get out tomorrow night for the first night trip of the year. I hate to say it but I have been trying to keep my self occupied by bass fishing but I need to get out on the river for some cats. It's hard to stay away this time of the year! I am going to run by Plattin rock tonight on the way home from work and check the ramp out. Hopefully it will be ok!

Anyone else going out?

Jon

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Jon, I don't think the BA$$ are biting too well at Plattin Rock!:smile2:

3. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I went up to Plattin Rock about an hour ago, and the ramp is in good shape. From the line of debris in the gravel, looks like the water is trying to go down. Cuz and I are talking about going out tonight, but that's not written is stone. I have plans to maybe go out tomorrow evening when I get off of work. It all depends if some stuff I ordered from Bass Pro shows up or not.

4. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    Skip,
    The Large mouth BA$$ may not be but the white BA$$ should be. I have a cooler full for bait! ONLY JOKING! Right now it's fresh shad all the way.

Gary,
    You guys been able to catch any shad lately out there or are you still using skipjack? Let me know if you guys go out tonight or if you'll be out tomorrow.

Thanks,
    Jon

5. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I'll let you know, Jon. I'm hoping for some fresh bait. I haven't really tried to catch any this year, being we've still got a bunch of skipjacks in the freezer, but I can honestly say that I've NEVER caught a fish in the spring on fresh or frozen skipjack. So, I'm going after the elusive shad. I don't think fresh threadfin shad can be beat.

6. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    From what I experienced the other night, I would have to agree with you, fresh shad is what those hogs wanted. I had fresh asians too and they wouldn't touch it!

I am going to try again tonight, :cross: if I can get out of work without any interuptions from societies finest citizens! :wink:

7. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Good luck Bill, I hope you get into them again.

8. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Well it's 1215 am and I'm just now getting ready to leave work!!! :angry:

Damn these people, don't they know I have been trying to go on a date with those pretty whiskered beauties that swim around in the depths of the river! I tell ya, know consideration for others, that's the problem with today's society! Well the trash never stops piling up and somebody has to stop by and haul it away... that's what I get for being a garbage collector!

9. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Man that's what you get for living on the other side of the river in STRANGELAND. Our trash guys over here work durring the day.:smile2:

10. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Yeah Ryanus, I guess you would find us a little strange. After all we cut grass, catch fish, TAKE BATHS DAILY, and we even take out the trash. According to the news, you need to hire a few more trash collectors on that side of the Mo.

11. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    Well Ryan SOME OF US CATCH FISH! AINT THAT RIGHT BOB!:smile2:

12. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Once again Jason, I will point to the standings and remind you I did it by myself.

13. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Anybody going out tomorrow and have an open seat? I wanted to go out today, but I tore all the rod holders out of my boat, and bass pro was supposed to have all my new stuff here today. Looks like I'll have to wait till Monday before mine is ready again.:angry:

14. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    Gary i am going out tomorrow but i am going to spend some one on one time with my kid otherwise i would take you in a heart beat. Maybe i will see you out there?

15. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Gary, they do that to you all the time.. Are you ever going to learn not to believe them.. You should be getting free delivery for life.. But they'd probably mess that up too... hehehe

16. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    I thinking about hitting the bank somewhere tomorrow. But with this high water my old spot is washed. You guys have any Ideas? How is the St. Charles area looking? are the hadicap ramp at CB?

17. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    The boys talked me into going back up to Gilispie Lake after Crappie.. You know they really had to twist my arm too.. Maybe this time the fish will co-operate.. Good luck to everybody tommorrow..

18. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I don't know why, but it always takes longer to get stuff from Springield, MO than it does from Sidney, Nebraska. You'd think it would be the other way around.:crazy:

19. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Gary what happen to your rod holders? I must have missed that Thread.

20. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    No thread on the subject or anything, I'm just starting to make a few changes to the boat. I love my driftmasters, but the ones I have mounted on the rail keep working themselves loose after each trip it seems, so I installed nut inserts to try and fix the problem. After I did all that, they still aren't as sound as I would like, so I ordered another set of Scotty powerlocks which I have on the front of the boat. They are nice and solid. As far as the others, I still using my driftmasters, just changing bases, and moving everything back the the back edge of the seat, that way the deck is still clear, and you don't have to reach way over the seat to get your rods. I also would like to add two pedestal seats in the floor kina like Darryl done to his. I figured I'd mount them right infront of the console, and walk 4 feet to your rods. Long story short, I wanna set my boat up like the ProCat, but don't have the money laying around it will take to do so.:wink: