Anyone going fishing this weekend?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by ravenloft420, Apr 25, 2007.

1. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    Im gonna try givin that it doesnt pour. I imagine the rivers are gonna be pretty high I guess well have to try and find a lake somewhere. we are gonna take my wifes 8 yr old nephew. anybody have any suggestions for a big lake not to far from st louis mo?

anyone ever fished at lake st louis?

2. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    hey raven I dont know if you have a ill. license but horse shoe lake would be a good one, or ramona lake off I-70 and handly have some nice channel cats in it. creve coure lake is also a nice one for the kids. cant think of any more off the top of my head. just tring to help out heck i might be a one of the three myself. good luck

3. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    hey have you ever fished in simpson lake off marshell rd. in kirkwood i think. you take 270 to big bend and then take big bend to marshell, the lake is on the right side of the street. if you dont do any good there. the meramac river is right across the street:roll_eyes:

4. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Andrew you could always go to the Busch wild life area in St Charles Co...It's off of Hwy D south of U.S. 40 / 61...It's a great place to take the kids fishing, there are several lakes out there...stop by the main office and get a map which will tell you what kind of fish is in each lake...you can even get your bait there.

5. JackieV

JackieV New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yep can't wait to go to the lake this weekend again.. I have us already packed up ready to go. Just waiting for Friday to get here.. The plans are to catch some fish .. :lol:

6. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    hey jackie thats a nice stringer you got there. welcome aboard your going to love this site. lot of great info:smile2:

7. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Andrew,

Depends on where you at in St. Louis. There are a lot of places both north south and west. If you go to the conservation site it will give you some locations and many are stocked. If you decide to go out to busch, pm me and i'll try to meet up with you. I'll be at one of the catfish lakes.

8. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
    forgot to add on the conservation site. click on fishing. do a search "st. louis fishing". Click on "fish st.louis

Hope that helps

9. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    Lake St Louis is a private lake, and they are pretty touchy about outsider fishing there. If you dont know a person on the lake, you can not fish it. Lake St Louis is not a good choice.

Bushe Wildlife area is great for kids. There are fish there too.

CP

10. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Jackie, that is a beautiful bunch of bait there in your avatar! When you gonna give up on them babies and get out there with Tom for those Blues?

BTW, I enjoyed meeting you when we were out there this spring. I wish you would have felat better so you could've fished with us..... Oh.... now I see! Didn't want to fish with us Ohio fellas! That's OK, Jack scares a lot of women and kids :tounge_out:

How are them pups?

Man when I retire I'm gonna do what you guys do.... a pontoon and a houseboat on a lake....

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO

12. JackieV

JackieV New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It was nice meeting you guys, wish I had felt better and would have gone and it would take more then Jack to scare me".

We love spending every min. we can at the lake.. Fishing around the docks by our boats is so cool.. Its a great life..

The puppies seem to like it as well.. They watch Tv while im outside fishing..

We will see you at the gathering... Can't wait sounds like a really good time.

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Hey guys, quick fishin report. The Famous Kutter and myself hit the river yesterday for a few hours. Wow, did we really pick a GREAT Day to fish for the kitty's. Took us roughly 45 minutes to get bait, then it was off to spot number one. WE had three bites in pretty short order, but Poor Kutter had the back of the boat and had a full time job keeping the trash out of his line. I felt sorry for him and decided to move to another promising hole on the illinois bank. Long story short, 15 minutes later we were hunkered underneath some dense Illinois underbrush waiting out the nasty line of weather that passed through. 30 minutes and 2 drowned rats later we basically decided to call it a day as it was getting dark and there is way to much trash to navigate safely at night. So, sorry Tom we couldnt get into some fish. Like you said, the weather will get better when we have to go back to work. :crazy:

River levels are extremely high with large amounts of debris. Water temp's were hovering around 63 degrees plus or minus a couple. Basically a mess. Fish are scattered right now and probably feeding shallow is my best guess. I think well be looking at a poor bite for another week or two until things stabilize. I'll be going out again on friday, and if the weather cooperates I hope to get a long day of fishing and find some fish. Will post friday night.

14. natefishing

natefishing New Member

State:
    missouri
    try truman lake near springfield,mo, lake of the ozarks, river is up for sure, thomas hill in macon and randolph counties, long branch outside of macon,mo