Anyone going catfishing in Louisiana this weekend?

Discussion in 'LOCAL LOUISIANA TALK' started by Louisiana Redneck, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Louisiana Redneck

Louisiana Redneck New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Hey guys,

Anyone going fishing this weekend? Where? What you using for bait? Day or Nite?

2. ar_confederate

ar_confederate New Member

State:
    Minden, Lo
    I'll be going Saturday night and plan on using shad. I'll also take some hearts or livers and some nightcrawlers.

3. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    My husband & I are taking our 7 yr old granddaughter for her first time "jugging"tonight. Should be interesting!! We're going out on the Red River from Teague's in Bossier. Probably gonna stick with chicken hearts for bait; we've been doing real good on them. We tried some cut shad last week, but they didn't seem to like it. I can't wait to see her when we pull the first one out!! (I don't think she realizes we're gonna be there after dark...shhhh!)Buddy has made some "modifications" on his noodle design; I'll let you know how that works!

4. Alsey

Alsey New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I'm going the same place Roxie and Buddy are going but I'm launching about 4 am saturday morning. I'm going to run 15 noodles with 2 inch shad for bait and run them about 5 feet deep. I'm going to tight-line while the noodles are loading up (I hope). On the rods I'm going to use the heads of huge shads hooked through the eyes.

5. jklm

jklm New Member

State:
    la.
    maybe saturday or sunday bait will be cut mackeral (this worked great when i could catch it fresh in san diego (good and bloody)) store bought and may not be the exact same fish so we will give it a run, worms, shrimp perch or sun fish if i can catch them and a crab if i can catch on at the bank where i fish.

6. gooboy

gooboy New Member

State:
    Minden,La.
    good luck to all who makes it out this weekend fishing! I'm hung up in Mexico working, so yall catch one for me!:big_smile:

7. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    :embarassed:Well..I forgot I had put this post on this thread, so I put the results of this trip over on the Red River thread. Jump over there, & check out the picture of one happy little girl!!:big_smile:

8. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    This one's fer you..... I took my daughter out today, we put in at Bishop's Point. Why I don't know cause Friday morning I put at Stoner and caught 12 nice cats b/w 1.5-n-3 lbs bottom fishing in about 10 ft. of water all on R-n-R. Well anyhows we had two dinks that we threw back and were fixin ta leave . when slam one rod went down, I set the hook and handed her the rod she went crazy, I turned around and bam another rod was trying ta leave the rod holder. After coaching her thru her fish we finally saw it was a big goo about 10 lbs. she was estastic that was her biggest fish ever. I netted it and handed her the other rod . She fought it like a pro, it turned out to be another Goo but this one was probably b/w 15 and 20 lbs. It was fantastic, it was even fun-e-er, when I tried ta get her ta hold the big one fer a pic.... That was not gonna happen.... All in all it made the trip, and we headed home after that. I put her on a plane back to Virginia this afternoon, but as I told her I will never in all my life ever forget that trip.. I already miss her.............. :too_sad:

9. jklm

jklm New Member

State:
    la.
    report for saturday afternoon baits used shrimp and worms, booth caught on worms. worms seem to stay on the hook better, two cats nothing to brag about first one about 8" the 2nd was 11''. carolina rig used on both fish although a sinker at the end of line with a loop six to eight inches from the sinker has also been effective. i know where i fish is not deep and the big fish are most likey not there but to find decent bank access is a pain. found a place on the miss. with decent bank but every cast when bringing in a snag about six feet from the bank snags up.