Anyone going bear hunting

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by thomcat, Sep 17, 2006.

1. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    is anybody gonna go bear huntin t his year?? this will be my 3 season huntin for bears.... any1 got any suggestions???

2. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    yeah, walk quietly and carry a big stick! Good luck Tom! I want some bear burgers this year...mmmm tasty!

3. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    I got a nice black bear on 10-3. 370 pound boar. Ill post a pic when they get back......

4. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    im going on my first bear hunt next season. i dont have anytime off from work to be able to go this year. i love bear bologna.

5. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Not going this year but this is definately on my to do list either next year or the year after. I've been fortunate enough to go hunting and fishing all over the U.S. I've done almost everything I've set out to do except bear hunting. That is definately next on my list.

Please keep us posted on how it went. When I get ready to go I'm definately going to post some questions for ya'll.

Good luck and safe hunting....
    Shelby

6. bowfin

bowfin New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I hunted for them alot befor I got hurt you don't wont a bad leg when your hunting bears.I wish NC had a longer season there numbers are starting to get up there and they are geting brave.

7. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania

just remember when a bear attacks, you dont have to be the fastest, you just cant be last!

8. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
  9. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hot dang, that's a nice bruin! Maybe one of these days I'll go on a bear hunt somewhere. Don't have to worry about stumbling across them around here. :lol:

10. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    WOW Mike ,thats a big bear!!! You must've hit em in the nose..:lol: j/j.

Here several weeks ago when the cold was really setting in, the bears were everywhere. My daughters school was on lock down. Seems the bear was interested in the crap apple trees they had on campus:tounge_out: officials came and ran the bear back in the mountain. A few more have been spotted here and there but hadnt heard of any being around in a while.

Thanks for posting again and of course..keep the pictures coming. Much appreciated :wink:

11. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
  12. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    WOW, thats a huge bear!! I seriously hope I dont encounter one of those while hunting:crazy:, its massive.

Thanks for posting, and keep em coming. :wink:

13. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    My cousin lives in Penn. and last year her neighbor had a bear that weighed 700+ move in under their house for the winter. The game warden drugged it and they carried it off. I used to raise bear dogs,(Blueticks), but I don't shoot bears except with a camera.

14. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    I guess I could say I bear hunt when I deer hunt, because in WV the bow seasons run together. I always buy a bear stamp, just in case I see one. I don't have any suggestions, because I havn't got one yet.

15. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I sure would like to try it someday!

16. BrianM

BrianM New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thats a nice lookin bear