anyone getting tags back yet?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by JERMSQUIRM, Aug 7, 2008.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    got my muzzeloader back this monday. i have a eithersex and antlerless only.

and expecting a firearm eithersex and my sons either sex. not arrived yet.

in illinois we send off for firearm tags in a lottery. not sure if all states are the same.

bow is over counter at sportshops.

2. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Here you just go buy your tags, no lottery. You do have to know what zones your in, some zones dont allow bucks to be taken. Other zones you can take all the does you want to buy tags for. Your allowed one statewide buck but if you get drawn for quota hunts at wildlife management areas you may draw another buck tag. Too many rules to just go hunting.:confused2:

3. seokfisherman

seokfisherman Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    In Oklahoma we buy tags over the counter unless you have a lifetime hunting license which makes you exempt from buying a tag every year. I was able to buy my lifetime hunting and fishing license before they went up the last time. We do have wildlife management area's that are draw hunt only.

4. randallewis

randallewis New Member

State:
    Louisiana --Shreveport
    Got my tags awhile back. Louisiana regs. 6 total deer. 3 does and 3 bucks.

5. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    In Oklahoma, you can buy all whitetail tags over the counter. My parents gave me a lifetime fishing license for my 18th birthday, and I bought a lifetime hunting license the first year my wife and I were married (thank God for having an understanding wife.) I don't ever have to buy an Oklahoma fishing license or hunting license for the rest of my life, nor do I have to buy any tags. That saves me about $150 a year.

Oklahoma does have some controlled hunts that you can draw at each year. I've been putting in for 12 years and finally drew a tag. I got drawn for a rifle buck hunt at the Wichita Mtns National Wildlife Refuge. It is the most desirable deer tag in the state, and the hardest to draw. I got REALLY lucky. The best thing about it, is it doesn't count against me if I take a buck. I can still shoot 2 more bucks during the regular season. Really sweet deal!!

6. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    in texas we get our tags with the license. 4 turkey tags useable in spring or fall of that season. either sex in the fall, and gobbler only in the spring. 5 whitetail tags, i think, and no more than 3 can be used as buck tags, one per county in the west zone where i hunt. also get a mulie buck and mulie doe tag. the mulie doe tag you have to have a managed lands division permit, of which i have only been able to get one, ever. all in all, i see a full freezer coming this seaon!

7. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Kansas are over the counter for Resident tags. Non resident is a draw. You can only get 1 buck tag and I think it is 4 doe tags. This year you get an any season tag. You can bow hunt, muzzle load or rifle hunt with it during the appropriate season. But once you get your buck you are done. You can never take more than one buck per year. It used to be you bought either a bow, muzz, or rifle tag and you had to hunt only with that equipment.

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    got mine today last of 4.

i have a muzzeloader either sex and a bonus antlerless only.

firearm (muzz, pistol, shotgun) either sex. and a firearm either sex for son.

we get bow over counter.

2 bucks. no matter what there shot with.

does. as many as you want to buy bow tags for.