Anyone Getting Spring Fever?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Feb 9, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know this may be a little premature, but after the last couple mild days and temps breaking into the 50's... Anyone else getting a feeling spring may be getting close? I think as soon as my wife arrives in here soon, I may have to take a ride down to the river just to get some fresh warm air, and give myself some much needed anticipation towards the warm water fishing season!!!!:big_smile: rollo

Might need to change my avatar soon also, I'm sick of seeing the snow!!! LOL

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yes I have it bad, and my mood is improving also now that the end is in sight:smile2:

3. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yea.My stress levels are way down but my anxiety attacks are becoming more frequent:eek:oooh:

4. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Supposed to be back in the 30's by this weekend:sad2:

5. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I've got it bad Bro. I've done a little fishing this winter for channels and blues....but my heart hasn't been in it. I'm ready to get after some Big Flatheads this spring. Seems like thats really all I care about catching anymore. Of course catching Bluegills for bait is a blast too.:wink:

6. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I've been praying for warm weather since Christmas and last week topped it all off. Drove along the Muskingum in south Zanesville and it was full of ice, got to Athens and the Hocking was way up....i am so ready to go fishing!!!!!!!!!

7. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    The 15 day outlook in my area doesnt even show any temps below 40, so who knows. I guess we will have to see what march brings. I sense a pretty flooded spring to be honest with ya...

8. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    The temperature in So IN has been in the 70's.
    Come on spring!:wink:

9. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
    Man I thought it was just me ! We have the disease, it's a terrible addiction when fishing always on your mind. The fix is right around the corner.

10. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    ready to fish time to go

11. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    i have been ready to go since i went with you rollo, whenever that was :eek:oooh:, but it will soon be warm enough for us old farts to get out fer a while:wink:

12. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I have spring fever some kind of bad . Temps. suppose to be in the upper 60's tomorrow. :crazy: I think I'm going to to pull some frozen skippies out of the freezer and see if I can get a catfish to put them in his mouth to help thaw them for me. :wink: Maybe I can cure the fever after all.

13. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Okay guys ... that is why I have 2 major sports I pursue .... Fishing in Spring, Summer and Fall and trapping in the winter. Some days out on the trap line you are wishing you were back inside where it is warm. Anndddd ... with 2 major sports .... you get to have twice as many toys ... Garry-

14. trellon

trellon New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I went out Sunday with no luck. The water was on the rise where I was at I thought mabey I have some luck:sad2:

15. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
  16. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    I am so ready to feel that first gentle tug......

of a nice creek chub on a wax worm while wading knowing I will be offering him gently to whatever structure or pool I feel the flatties will be hanging outin later. I just love catching bait <chubs,shiners, bluegills or shad in the castnet> almost as much as the prey. Waders are fine now but i think it will take a few warmer days to get the shiners and chubs active in my honely holes. These all incidently eventually end up in one of the two Miami rivers so no worries about transporting fish X to point B :) Bring on the temps for morels too as they are about 2-2 1/2 months awayand I just rehydrated a few dreid ones last night to have with my steak to break cabin fever.

17. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    :dribble:What do you mean???:dribble:
    Are we there YET???:eek:oooh::cry::beat_brick:(LOL)

18. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    Sucky thing is I gotta move first,settle in to a new place then get my fishin fix taken care of:wink:

19. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Vonroc, Come on down! Your the next contestant if the "FISHING IS RIGHT"!:wink:

20. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i was gonna get out through this weather,but my wife decided to bring a cold home from work and share it with me........i love her so much......she is so generous :roll_eyes::roll_eyes: