Anyone getting bit yet?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by brian89, May 22, 2008.

1. brian89

brian89 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i know this will prolly stir the pot about noodling again but you know what i dont really care, anyone been out yet? Im planning on getting in the water this weekend , may be a little early but cant catch em unless you try!..

2. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    It's about that time, isn't it? Jeeze, I haven't even thought about it to be honest. I guess I'd better dig out my river shoes.

3. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    we caught a boat load last weekend, but they are soon to go on the nest then rod and reel fishing should slow down until fall

4. Randy Jones

Randy Jones New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    If it were left up to me to noodle them big cats I would just not eat fish. I have been noodling several differant times and I will not stick my hands up under them rocks or in the creek bank for nothing. But if there is anyone who needs someone to hold the stringer or hold the boat I do a great job of that.

5. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    Were gonna try sunday just because :crazy: probably get bluecat scuffed up I'll let ya know how we do

6. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    I'm dying to get in the Red River down here, but it is still up a little too much for my liking. Lord willin and the creek don't rise, we'll be jumpin in soon to get hammered on like a bunch of fools!

7. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    you shouldn't care what pot is stirred. if your following the law then there isn't much leg to stand on. if you want to jug fish, jug fish. if you want to trotline, trotline. as long as your in the limits of the law people shouldn't be holier than thou. imho

8. inahurry23

inahurry23 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    i caught a 60 lb blue on the 18th of may and a 54 lb blue on the 23rd. both on the washita
    camped out on the 24th and caught some really nice fish on throw lines until a storm blew in so we packed up and hauled butt home.

9. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    You do any good this weekend Brian? We went down on the Red River last night to our usual spot. Felt a lot of good holes but almost all of them were muddy and hardly felt a fish one, those that we did run into just happened to be laying on a ledge or something. I don't think they've started fanning holes yet from what we could tell. We got a buttload of rain this morning so it will probably be a couple of weeks before we can get back in, that should give them time to get in the holes... I hope!

10. brian89

brian89 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I went out to a local lake and tried hitting boat ramps and felt nothing, water was freezing. holes werent cleaned out either.. I wish it would stop raining for a month, that would be perfect..

11. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    FLOODEDand cold the flathead are on the feed every one is catching fish in the river so my guess is it will be a couple weeks:confused2:

12. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    Water was pretty warm and CLEAR when I got in last weekend, which was surprising. But we got a few inches of rain this week, so it probably has some on it now. Bout another week or so and I'm gonna go back and try it.

13. mudcreeker

mudcreeker New Member

State:
    Antlers, OK
    We went out again yesterday afternoon. Water was warm, clear, and lower than what I thought it would be with a couple of inches of rain this week. Did not find a fish one in a hole! I woulda bet the farm yesterday on gettin bit, but it was really disappointing. Without a REALLY good heavy rain this year, a lot of our rocks are silted in, but there are still quite a few good holes but no one was home. I know we've slayed 'em this time of the year before, but I dunno... maybe a little early this year?

14. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Honestly it is about that time again to start noodling, I havent ever done it before but I have always wanted to try it who knows I may get out this year and try it, onlly thing that scares me about the idea is reaching under something and getting ahold of a big snapper or something, good luck to ya when ya go i wish ya luck.

15. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    We tried noodling at a local lake last night. We found some good holes, but didn't feel a single fish. They oughta be moving into the holes by now..... weird.:eek:oooh:

16. Redneck1

Redneck1 Guest

I've been pulling fish out of holes since the end of May, If there isn't any in the holes it's probably because someone has already gotten them. I always start getting fish out of holes at the end of May.

17. danielP

danielP New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    same in texoma, haven't felt a fish one this year. we usually do really good. can't figure out what's going on.

18. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    that's really strange, I wonder what's going on?

19. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    I never tried in a lake, how do you do it? Around the bank?
    I have been out a few times this year. At the begining of May there was just males in the holes. Sunday I pulled out my first female, still loaded with eggs. Still haven't caught any small 15lb and under eaters to keep yet, those bigguns just wont leave me alone! LOL!!!