Anyone getting any good flathead catfish?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by maddcatter, Apr 17, 2006.

1. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    How are the flatheads hitting? Also, would a river or lake be better this time of the year?

2. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Me and bigcatwannabe went Friday night and caught one 5 pounder on cut bait. Saturday morning when we were leaving we could see a few fish swimming out of the lake into the river over the shallow rocks. Seems like all the fish are beginning to swim upriver to spawn. This is in Southern NC, which may be different than elsewhere.

3. Bigones

Bigones New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I don't know how they are hitting yet haven't been out for them. I usually don't even try for them until the begining of may but was thinking about hitting the river tonight and just giviner a shot. I know the channels are starting to bite fairly good but I like that water to be warmer. Just a few more weeks and it should be on.

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I caught a 16# Flathead from the Scioto on Thursday night. It was a very healty fish w/ lots of fight. The pic is floating around here somewhere.

5. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I caught a 10 inch flathead on saturday night. I wish I had a camera so I could have took a pic.

6. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Tim I wont be home till late tomarrow about 7 tomarrow night but give me a call between 7-8:30. Will catchem this weekend if u wanna. Im pretty sure my wife will okidoki it.

7. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    caught a few flatts this year biggest being 41lbs. and some decent blues. but then again i do alot of dollar lake fishing any memeber ever wanna join me let me know