Anyone from West Central IL

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by bigmac782, Apr 2, 2008.

1. bigmac782

bigmac782 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Just wonderin if anybody is from my neck of the woods. I live in Knoxville, just outside of Galesburg.

2. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Welcome to the B.O.C. from Arkansas.

3. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
  4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Steve welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. Check out the BOC library for lots of fishing info. Enjoy.

5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC from Kentucky its good to have you aboard

6. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois
    welcomme to the BOC. lots of people on here never know may be a new fishing buddy close:tounge_out:

7. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Im further south but welcome to the BOC!!

8. Don Wessling

Don Wessling New Member

State:
    IL.
    Welcome to the BOC from Southern Illinois, half way between Carlyle and Rend Lakes.

9. FlatCatMan

FlatCatMan New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC. I am not too far from you. I live about 15 minutes from Peoria, and I travel to the Knoxville area often. That also means you aren't too far from Pekin and could fish our tournaments with us. PM me if you are interested or if you just want to go fishing sometime.

Jason

10. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    welcome to the BOC
    glasford illinois here
    near pekin peoria area

11. 489gus

489gus New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I am from Princeton, IL

12. bigmac782

bigmac782 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Would love to meet up with you sometime to do some fishin. Guessing you being from Pekin/Peoria area you have fished the Illinois river, something I have never done. As for rivers and creeks I have fished the mississippi, spoon, and cedar with minimal success. Never fished the rivers with anyone who really knew much about river fishing, could use all the help I can get. Local lakes and ponds are a different story. I prefer cats and carp to fishing for anything else. Most of my buddies are bass, gills, and crappie guys so you can imagine we butt heads about where and what we are fishin for on a particular trip. Don't get me wrong I will fish pretty much anywhere anytime and for whatever bites first. I just luv being on or around water, period. :big_smile:

13. John(Bullhead)Hagen

John(Bullhead)Hagen New Member

State:
    ILLinois
    :big_smile:Hello Iam from Rapatee just 10 miles south.Do you fish the Miss or the IL. i fish both and allways looking to hook up another catfisherman.

14. bigmac782

bigmac782 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have fished the mississippi several times, mostly from the bank, usually in Oquawka to Keithsburg area. A few years ago had to sell my boat and haven't been able to get another since. When folks ask me to go on a boat I luv to go but kinda feel like I am taking advantage of other peoples generosity since I can't return the favor. :sad2:

15. John(Bullhead)Hagen

State:
    ILLinois
    :big_smile:Dont wory about not having a boat,mine is 18 feet long and 7 feet wide we fish out of chairs.The older i get the more comfort i like.Get with me and when the water gets warmer we wil head over to the IL. up above Lacon.We put in at Chilli and go up stream from there.We fish the Miss from around Kiethsburg up to New Boston and down to Lock 18.we usually make this a over nighter as the price of gas and the amount of river to cover.I can honestly say we have never boated less than 60# of fish we sometimes only keep a few but when some one wants a fish fry or to stock up for winter on fillets we get the job done.The personal best we have caught was 128 pounds of fish landed and weighed in 6 hours the biggest at 21# and the rest at 5# or more.This was from the IL. at 5:00 to 11:00 PM.So give me a look up if you want to go.I go allmost every weekend either Sat or Sun.but not both very often.Got to rest up you know.

16. Graywolf

Graywolf New Member

State:
    Peru, IL.
    Welcome to the BOC. I'm in Peru on the Illinois River.

17. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    WELCOME to the BOC from accross the River.

18. bigmac782

bigmac782 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Mr. Hagen, or should I say Bullhead, great name by the way, I will take you up on that offer when the weather warms up. If you need to get live bait, where around here do you get it? I always try to get what I can from Al's over in Galesburg and catch the bluegills I need but shad, shiners, or chubs I have a hard time gettin. Any suggestions?? :confused2: And do you do anything special if you freeze your bait for later?

19. John(Bullhead)Hagen

State:
    ILLinois
    :smile2:No one calls me mister so its John or Bullhead i answer to both,We have started catching our bait this weekend.I have a 10 foot round stock tank i fill with water and use a twin aquarium aireator.I fresh freeze any that die will we are catching them.We use barbless small gold hooks and wax worms to catch them.Where you are look for creeks that have some current,they dont have to be to big to have nice chubs in them.Catch them then put in a big cooler with fresh well water till you get home.Now that you have got them we will go to the next thing were to keep them at your place.I know not every one can have a 10 foot stock in there back yard so there are a couple of different ideas for you.First off you got to have and areator not much at Wallyworld .Then we need a 55 gal. plastic barrell with the top cut out place in the garage and filled with non clorinated water.Put a piece of foam cut to fit on top of the water in barell,this keeps them from junping out.You can keep around 40 nice one or 50 larger ones in it ready for when you are.This next way requires you to catch them as you need them so it is not as convient of a plan, take a nice sized cooler and put them in it the night before or if going that night that afternoon hook up the areator and you are ready.We take or get three baits everytime we go,Shrimp that were raw and have been salted with canning salt and a little garlic powder about 2 tablespoons of salt for 20 shrimp and one teaspoon garlic remember raw shrimp the salt will cook them put in fridge overnite and keep cool while fishing freeze when you get home for next time.Chubs,caught as per above and Shad that we get off the river.We get three baits from the average Chub,head ,belly and tail end.Shad go on whole thru the eye out the tail.

20. bigmac782

bigmac782 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Guess I gotta start lookin for a drum of sorts. Got an aerator but its only for a 20 gallon tank just have to see how big a container I end up with. Should be fishin tonight just didn't get the chance. Thanks again