Anyone from the Greenwood Area

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by bigcatman0001, Apr 13, 2008.

1. bigcatman0001

bigcatman0001 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I just got on this site and was wondering if there was anyone from the Greenwood Area on here. I live in the "BIG" city of Donalds

2. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I live in the big city of Ninety Six.

3. bigcatman0001

bigcatman0001 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Have you caught any flatheads in lake greenwood recently

4. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Yeah they are startin pretty good.

5. CarolinaRig

CarolinaRig New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I'm from Aiken...I fish Greenwood for Crappie and Bass quite a bit, never caught any big cats outta there though!
    What area of the lake do y'all fish for Cats?

6. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    welcome boc good to have you aboard

7. bigcatman0001

bigcatman0001 New Member

State:
    south carolina

I usually fish up in the top were the reedy or the saluda come in there are some nice flat heads up there.

8. bobr

bobr New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Hi I'm Bob, I live int the big town of Fountain Inn. Anyone know anything about fishing the Pee Dee River?

9. bigcatman0001

bigcatman0001 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I was out on lake greenwood last night up in the saluda and just wanted to let yall know the bite is on. We caught 7 blues/channels in 4 hours and had countless bites.

10. garrick

garrick New Member

State:
    SC
    Well all right neighbor!
    I'm from the metropolis of Ware Shoals.

I normally bank fish around the dam, and down to the SR 25 bridge behind the golf course.

I haven't heard of anyone getting any flatheads up this way since before winter, but they should be tearing it up soon.

Channels are biting. I caught one on a minnow jig with a spinner while getting white bass this morning. . .must've been pretty hungry. All it had in its gut was seaweed. Lots of it. I guess they slurp insect larvae out of it or something.

11. Neal F.

Neal F. New Member

State:
    Gwd SC
    I'm from greenwood and fish the saluda all the time,will be in souls harbor fri to catch some shad(I think i may have seen you out there sat nite while we were catchig bait)

12. bigcatman0001

bigcatman0001 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    You sure did we ended up catching a 34 lb flathead and the 47 pound flathead I am usinf the pic of it for this site. Maybe we should get up and fish one night.

13. Neal F.

Neal F. New Member

State:
    Gwd SC
    I have a small cat tourny sat where I work,and a caroilna catmen on monticello next sat you should try the catmen tourney with us (Do you fish up the saluda towards the 25 bridge any)

14. bigcatman0001

bigcatman0001 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I dont usually fish passed the burnt out bridge since there are some many rocks passed there, but I have heard bank fishing is pretty good around there. I would love to do the carolina catman tourney next sat how do I get in on it.

15. Neal F.

Neal F. New Member

State:
    Gwd SC
    Just meet @ lake moticello and pay $55($50entry fee+ $5big fish)per person/2man teams. If you need more info call Gary Case @864-844-3355. Hope you can make it

16. bigcatman0001

bigcatman0001 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I think I will have to come down. Ive never fished monticello, but maybee beginers luck will kick in. Plus I finally get the new boat back tommorow after a 6 week repair:big_smile:

17. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Brad, Welcome to the BOC. And if you want to see more about the Carolina Catmen check out the BOC's Partners in Catfishing on the Carolina Catmen Page. There are quite a few BOC members that fish these tournaments and its a great way to meet BOC Members face to face here in SC.