Anyone from around the greenville area?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by CatSlayer715, Aug 2, 2009.

1. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    Im new to the forum and im wondering where people from around this area go for semi large cat. I do a lot of pond fishing and catch some cat and bass and im in the market for a boat to do some river or lake fishing. Where does everyone around here go? And where can i get some shad or skip jack? all i get to use is cut brim and chicken livers.

2. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    welcome to the boc david............good luck fishing around here...........im sure youll find someone local to you for a fishing partner..............plenty of good guys and girls on here!..........try some live eel instead of chiken livers............might get you off the channel cat bite and onto some blues!

3. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    DAVID ,welcome to the BOC , Check out the n.c. roll call thread it,s a list of members an there hometowns ,also post your info on there also,that the whole idea of the list

4. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    Hows the fishing on Badin lake?? Ive heard it was pretty good. And where exactly is badin lake?? I know its Stanley County but i dont know where that is. LoL.

5. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    its near Troy nc at uhawree national forest' i have only fished it 1 time an we caught cats just no big ones .From what i read on here maybe i can find some of those big blue cats when i go back in oct for the gathering ,i,m sure going to try to find them then :wink::smile2:

6. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Welcome to the BOC , Ya I second the notion on tryin some eels . They are one of my Go to baites river or lake . Some people love em and some people could give a sh** about them . But if your fishin for cats their a must . I call them catfish (choclate) LOL , but I would put them right up their with brim for cats . Take a whole one and cut him about an inch towards the tail of the a** hole and hook them through were you cut them and out through the darker side of their bodies cause that is a little tougher skin . Hope this helps and good luck . :wink::big_smile::cool2:

PS. sorry I can't help you with that area I have never fished it . But Im sure someone on here can point you in the right direction .