Anyone Fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL LOUISIANA TALK' started by Cajun Tater, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Cajun Tater

Cajun Tater New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Just wanted to know if anyone is catching yet.

Windy condition keep us off the lake this weekend.

Cajun Tater

2. catfish_clayton

catfish_clayton New Member

State:
    Catania, Italy,
    I went out this past saturday trying to catch a few cats but didnt have any luck, we did catch a few sauger though.

3. redfishman

redfishman New Member

State:
    South Louisiana
    It's time--the mid Spillway is exploding with Sac a lait. Another few weeks -the catepillars will start dropping from the trees and the bluegills- will go beserk. Launches at Bayou Sorrell-Pigeon and Verret were full and folks were having to hike across the levees just to park. Headed out Friday..

4. Cajun Tater

Cajun Tater New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I fished Verett a few years back. Keep me posted. I'm from SW LA so a drive there needs to be productive.

Cajun Tater

5. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i just got back from sw louisianna for mardi gras. we tried around cameron and holly beach,but the weather was not real good. last year we tried henderson lake and it was muddy when we were there. i guess you need to make sure you go in clear water.

6. MrsBuck8Point

MrsBuck8Point New Member

State:
    Plaquemine, La
    My husband and I have been fishing here in Plaquemine. The fishing has been good with very nice sized sac a lait.

With all the talk about the "fish", there are some discourteous people on the water. We almost got run over head on by a speeding bass boat today in a sharp curve. We're in an 18' crawfish skiff. Not to mention the usual people who will cast a line right on top of you, or run on top of you stopping the bite. We had to remember to keep our cool, especially when on the water, to remain safe. Just a heads up to be careful out there. I make sure to wear my life jacket.

The weather was beautiful today, and as an added bonus we saw two bald eagles! It was a beautiful sight.

7. Mudcatrick

Mudcatrick New Member

State:
    LA
    Yes, went fishing today and had a great time, going to set out a few lines to morrow on the red river with a friend

8. fess

fess New Member

State:
    kentucky
    went fishing saturday and sunday evening. Caught one channel cat and 5 or 6 trout.

9. Mudcatrick

Mudcatrick New Member

State:
    LA
    We just bass fished tuesday but going to catfish weds, and run a line and set a few floaters out to watch over

10. toddrod

toddrod New Member

State:
    Vacherie,LA
    I put out 20 jugs Monday night and only catch 2 catfish using cut perch for bait. I am fishing Lake Des Allemands.

11. Mudcatrick

Mudcatrick New Member

State:
    LA
    I went catfishing today and caught so many i know i am going to be knee deep in fliet in the freezer by tomorrow after cleaning them all.

12. redfishman

redfishman New Member

State:
    South Louisiana
    Didn't go last week because of doing taxes:angry: :angry: -Have my 11yr old nephew coming this weekend. Probably will go to Bayou Corne(lake verret area) or Belle River. We plan on setting approx 20 jugs and trying some bream/sac-a-lait fishing also. Ya'll be careful for the snakes when getting under the cypress trees limbs.Two weeks ago in Belle River there would be 3-4 maybe more bunched up-enough to make a diehard 's skin crawl.